Anyone Own a Stelvio Quad or Giulia Quad? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo 4C Forums
 56Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Spokane WA USA
Posts: 3,675
Anyone Own a Stelvio Quad or Giulia Quad?

@goldmax
“Hehe, the 4C looks 'surprised', the Giulia is frowning”
I think it’s in the eyes.
lars and goldmax like this.

la meccanica delle emozioni

Last edited by Call me Al; 03-05-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Call me Al is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 70
have you ever thought about painting your garage? I got some concrete paint and painted my garage walls white last summer. Really transformed it and enjoyed working in there more.
lars likes this.
Ted_168 is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
 
4Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,910
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars View Post
I had some issues with mine when i first got it, unfortunately the dealership who sold it to me had to put about 600 miles on to find the problem and they also nicked my rear door , finally i did get to enjoy it ,im lookimg forward to the warmer weather to really enjoy it , i did put 305 toyo RRR on the rear and some toyo RRR in the front as well , handeling should be amazing , and i agree a great combo with the 4C ,however i do feel the driving experience is numb compared to the 4C ...this car is much more refined and feels faster .....im thinking about getting. the stelvio quad as well next winter just to douche it up and have all 3 lol
Let me guess what colour the Stelvio will be....

APEX PREDATOR

Respect the Snake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4Canada is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 409
We have a 2015 LE 4C, an early production '17 QV and an '18 Stelvio ti.

All are completely different drives, but they are all best in class, IMHO.

The 4C had some issues when new, which Alfa sorted out. About 20,000 miles now, a few tracks days, fairly spirited road driving and most of the mileage with the Pogea Stage 1 Plus tune/exhaust installed. and its been perfect and never a code or problem since Alfa sorted the initial issues out at around 3,000-4,000 miles.

The QV has about 17,000 miles on her, no issues at all except for a quirky nav system when brand new (sorted by the dealer first day with flash update), a squeaky CF driver's seat (replaced by the dealer at about 6,000 miles), and a poorly adjusted hood release (adjusted by the dealer). Its my daily driver. I'm on my second set of P Zeros, which are pretty dicey (kinda' like hockey pucks) below about 55 degrees. Will put Michelin 4S's on for the next set.

The Stelvio has about 14,000 miles now, and has been flawless. That's my wife's DD, except when she decides she wants to play in the QV for the day. Under these circumstances, I am forced to drive the 4C.
4Canada likes this.
sptcoupe is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Scarlet Wraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 141
Have both. Can't drive them enough. Great compliment to each other.
Scarlet Wraith is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Redracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
I own an LE 4c, I had the QV for a day about a year ago..and after being spoilt by the speed, noise, attitude, admiration of the 4c.

I found the QV sorry but a little boring..I understand they are two completely different cars etc etc. I was expecting alot more..I found myself constantly on the rev limiter without notice in 1st and 2nd..due to it being (a good thing) super smooth and a little too quite (not good).

We actually lined up my Friends 4c and the Giulia in a Short sprint. Me being in the 4c..I actually won the sprint up to approx 13oKm's.

I have mixed feeling about it and is it really a better car? would I buy one? I'd be happy with the Veloce model, save big money and have my little weapon for the weekend.

If the GTV comes out well that may be a different story.

Its a Beautiful car..to me the 4c offers much much more!

Launch Edition #19/88
Redracer is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Jwdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer View Post
I own an LE 4c, I had the QV for a day about a year ago..and after being spoilt by the speed, noise, attitude, admiration of the 4c.

I found the QV sorry but a little boring..I understand they are two completely different cars etc etc. I was expecting alot more..I found myself constantly on the rev limiter without notice in 1st and 2nd..due to it being (a good thing) super smooth and a little too quite (not good).

We actually lined up my Friends 4c and the Giulia in a Short sprint. Me being in the 4c..I actually won the sprint up to approx 13oKm's.

I have mixed feeling about it and is it really a better car? would I buy one? I'd be happy with the Veloce model, save big money and have my little weapon for the weekend.

If the GTV comes out well that may be a different story.

Its a Beautiful car..to me the 4c offers much much more!
Two different cars.

I don't think you can be spoiled by the speed of the 4C compared to the QV. The noise yes, which makes the 4C sound faster than it is.

The QV is much quieter but I love the sound as you shift. I just know I have to shift quickly the first couple of gears as the car is fast.

I can't compare the 4C to the QV on speed - the QV is just so fast.

I drove the QV and the base Giulia the same day, and I did not even consider the base Giulia. This was a second car that I did not need so it was the QV or nothing.

Jeff
Jwdm is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 12:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Redracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwdm View Post
Two different cars.

I don't think you can be spoiled by the speed of the 4C compared to the QV. The noise yes, which makes the 4C sound faster than it is.

The QV is much quieter but I love the sound as you shift. I just know I have to shift quickly the first couple of gears as the car is fast.

I can't compare the 4C to the QV on speed - the QV is just so fast.

I drove the QV and the base Giulia the same day, and I did not even consider the base Giulia. This was a second car that I did not need so it was the QV or nothing.

Jeff
The Base Giulia has 200hp and the Qv 503 hp there's a difference of 300hp of course there's no comparison.

I would buy the Qv too. We're talking about the 4c and the Qv.

Dollar for Dollar I believe 4c trumps it...in Looks, character, rarity, Ok not outright speed but we don't need to do 300km/h, presence, attitude. etc.

I'll wait for the coupe..that'll be a game changer and worth the Extra Dollars.

Launch Edition #19/88
Redracer is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
This is probably a stupid question, but why do you call it QV? I can't figure it out.
lars likes this.
Superfluous is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Spokane WA USA
Posts: 3,675
Anyone Own a Stelvio Quad or Giulia Quad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but why do you call it QV? I can't figure it out.

Because that’s what the Italians decided to call it that rather than spell out Quadrifoglio all of the time.

It is also called Quadrifoglio Verde which translates to four leaf clover that is green, or “QV” for short. It’s also sometimes called Quattro Verde which also comes up as QV for short.

Every Alfista should read about the racing history of the word Quadrifoglio and the racing badge it represents as it’s quite interesting.

la meccanica delle emozioni
Call me Al is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giulia QF is Costing me a lot of Money - 4C Content Jwdm Alfa Romeo 4C General Discussion 16 08-30-2017 06:31 PM
ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QV Deemed A FUTURE COLLECTIBLE mdpsk Alfa Romeo 4C General Discussion 4 02-16-2017 05:55 PM
Giulia's US Landing Docron Alfa Romeo 4C General Discussion 177 02-07-2017 11:13 PM
Who wants to drive Giulia, 4C, 8C and GTV Cup on ther track in Italy? alfa156s Alfa Romeo 4C General Discussion 31 09-10-2016 04:18 PM
Alfa Romeo Giulia spotted MADNESSAutoworks The Car Lounge 89 08-07-2015 12:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome