Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First: all the times are recorded on a straight (or almost straight) private road (or race track).

Completely stock: 100-200 = 12.4s

Stage 1 (aprox 270 hp) = 10.0s

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
anybody from the US (for us pec weight) getting in on this. I have a Dragy and might try some runs.

My question is...do you do a roll from lets say right before 100km then get on it and measure a 100-200 or do you do a dig from 0 to 200 then let it grab your 100-200 time out of that. The later would prolly give you a faster time due to momentum but in reality for street action the pulls/roll are what you would be doing

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Your question illustrates why these reported times are as meaningless as dyno plots. No controls over any variables. And there are many variables.

Personally, to show the fastest time I would accelerate downhill with a tail wind. And I wouldn't bother to repeat the run in the opposite direction, because I only need to show one run like those above.

The only thing that proves anything is a head to head match-up. And that data point is not relevant to any other match-ups at any other time or place.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Your question illustrates why these reported times are as meaningless as dyno plots. No controls over any variables. And there are many variables.

Personally, to show the fastest time I would accelerate downhill with a tail wind. And I wouldn't bother to repeat the run in the opposite direction, because I only need to show one run like those above.

The only thing that proves anything is a head to head match-up. And that data point is not relevant to any other match-ups at any other time or place.
That would be true but Dragy will not let you pull a time if it is above a certain negative slope. it takes it invalid

Here a video of the acceleration:
https://youtu.be/kU52ljgO_k0

This was still with original air filter and dust sock.
Ok I see... just want to make sure my times are fair within reason but like Xcentric noted..... there are very sloppy controls and the only true test is a heads up and even that depends on the driver that day :nerd:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The time listed in the first post shows the difference in elevation --> It was less than 1m so basically straight line.

But more important: It's not a "my car is faster than yours" because we are located all over the world and most likely we will never meet in real life. It's about being honest and posting the performance to find out how different tunes perform.
If it's downhill of course you can win 1s or maybe more but you will lie yourself --> I'm curious to see if those xxx hp of different tuners are actually there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The time listed in the first post shows the difference in elevation --> It was less than 1m so basically straight line.

But more important: It's not a "my car is faster than yours" because we are located all over the world and most likely we will never meet in rear life. It's about being honest and posting the performance to find out how different tunes perform.
If it's downhill of course you can win 1s or maybe more but you will lie yourself --> I'm curious to see if those xxx hp of different tuners are actually there.
When I get a chance I will put up some pulls :wink2: 1st I want to do some LC action and also try some doh-nuts :surprise:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Subscribed. This is information that we shared on my last platform and it really showed what applied to the pavement the best.

·
Registered
785 Posts
When ever ur in the ATL, we can do a run together so we can see the difference:).

When I get a chance I will put up some pulls /images/4C-Forums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png 1st I want to do some LC action and also try some doh-nuts /images/4C-Forums_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I need to practice with the draggy some more...I always get the "in valid" errors do to the road grades going slightly down hill :|

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm Just back from the autobahn. There were perfect conditions for a 100-200 run. I did about an 8,6 seconds run. Very happy with the result, because i drive semi slick tyres nowadays at only 1,9 bar:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm Just back from the autobahn. There were perfect conditions for a 100-200 run. I did about an 8,6 seconds run. Very happy with the result, because i drive semi slick tyres nowadays at only 1,9 bar:

You need to measure with a vbox or a 10 Hz gps. Video measurement is not accurate because at 200 you have less than 195 in reality

·
Registered
310 Posts
You need to measure with a vbox or a 10 Hz gps. Video measurement is not accurate because at 200 you have less than 195 in reality
I know, but I don't have one. But if you take 105 to 205 you are just as accurate. IT hardly makes any difference in time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It will be 105 to 210 to be honest. There is a constant 5% difference with stock tires... at least in all of my cars and all customer cars we measured.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know, but I don't have one. But if you take 105 to 205 you are just as accurate. IT hardly makes any difference in time.
Anyway, on the video it looks more like 10s to me but until you use something accurate to measure ...
And it is a big difference between 9s and 10s for 100-200. Probably more than 20 extra hp are needed to drop that second.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts