1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
  • We have chosen 14 - 15 of May, 2022.
    • We will stick to that weekend unapologetically
    • It will not work for all
    • We do not change it, bounce the date around, and hope it fits better into assorted calendars by moving dates.
    • If you want this to happen, you'll make it happen.
  • Leading candidates to rendezvous and rally from:
    • In/Around Bear Mountain, meet somewhere near PA/NY border and take Upper Delaware Scenic Byway to Bear Mountain and onto albany/western CT
    • Finger Lakes Region of NY (Watkins Glen)
    • Lime Rock Park area of Connecticut
    • Pocono Mountain range region of Pennsylvania
I have done this numerous times: Meet, drive, eat & drink together, and I head off to collapse for the night at some AirBNB joint.

Dream Scenario: We include Watkins Glen or Lime Rock Park into the itinerary. Both are very used to hosting car clubs, offering car corrals, etc.

·
Super Moderator
10,764 Posts
Here's the suggested approach:
  • We pick a day between late April - early June (OR you are all ballsy and make it happen in November)
  • We stick to that day unapologetically.
  • It will not work for all.
  • We do not change it, bouncing the date around hoping it fits better into assorted calendars.
  • We find a meetup space which allows us or welcome us.
  • Finger Lakes Region of NY; Lime Rock Park area of Connecticut, or Pocono Mountain range region of Pennsylvania offer initial good vibes, and a wealth of B 'n' Bs and super casual places to spend a night if you want to meet, drive, eat/drink together and collapse for the night.
I am cranking this thread over. I am looking for the next posters to apply some throttle and give the meetup engine some juice.

I will drive 4-4.5 hours happily. I would be rolling from SW Philly burbs.

I do this numerous times per year: Meet, drive, eat/drink together, and I head off to collapse for the night at some AirBNB joint. Most often around a Lime Rock event.
A great idea, Philster. I hope you can get a core of enthusiastic owners to make this an annual event. Participating in a group drive of 4Cs for me is one of the (many) highlights of ownership. We’ve got a multiday one coming up organised by the Canberra Alfa clan, like last years Alpine tour. Not only 4Cs (there’ll be a few) but all Alfa nonetheless. Kudos to you for putting it out there. Hoping for the enthusiasm of others to make this happen now you’ve sown the seed.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here's the suggested approach:
  • We pick a day between late April - early June (OR you are all ballsy and make it happen in November)
  • We stick to that day unapologetically.
  • It will not work for all.
  • We do not change it, bouncing the date around hoping it fits better into assorted calendars.
  • We find a meetup space which allows us or welcome us.
  • Finger Lakes Region of NY; Lime Rock Park area of Connecticut, or Pocono Mountain range region of Pennsylvania offer initial good vibes, and a wealth of B 'n' Bs and super casual places to spend a night if you want to meet, drive, eat/drink together and collapse for the night.
I am cranking this thread over. I am looking for the next posters to apply some throttle and give the meetup engine some juice.

I will drive 4-4.5 hours happily. I would be rolling from SW Philly burbs.

I do this numerous times per year: Meet, drive, eat/drink together, and I head off to collapse for the night at some AirBNB joint. Most often around a Lime Rock event.
Awesome!
Date range looks good, I would even consider November albeit one guy on here (@Philster cough cough cough) told us to NOT drive our summer tires below the temperatures that exist on 1/2 my route during that latter time 🤷‍♂️
Also, @lars has to give us a 'Get Out Of Jail' card with each console purchase to be used against 'alleged' speed infractions.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Thank you @Philster for making this thread. I was thinking about it last night ironically (was researching scenic roads in Northeast).

I love the guiding principle of picking a date and unapologetically sticking to it. Let’s do it. May-June next year sounds perfect. November would be cool but we’ll get too many excuses and I’m hoping for good turnout.

I’ll go as far as to throw out a proposed date… Weekend of May 14-15. It’s the week AFTER Mother’s Day so participants can ride the wave of goodwill following spoiling the ladies in their life (if applicable) the prior weekend. Also, it’s two weeks before Memorial Day so should be unaffected by travel and prep around that weekend.

Thoughts?

I’m also happy to drive within an ~5 hour radius of Boston.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll go as far as to throw out a proposed date… Weekend of May 14-15. It’s the week AFTER Mother’s Day so participants can ride the wave of goodwill following spoiling the ladies in their life (if applicable) the prior weekend. Also, it’s two weeks before Memorial Day so should be unaffected by travel and prep around that weekend.

I second this!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Im definitely in, you tell me when and ill make it happen, lets try amd get a big turn out, i know a a couple of guys who aren't on the forum that may be interested also ill add these names from whom i know that are on the east coast. Be great if they would chime in and let us know if they are interested.
@The ice cream guy
@KeemoSabe
@lat
@JSTACOG
@greg
@Stevendesq

Most of these guys are in tri state area, would love to see them come

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like the date is set. Location still tbd but the date was the biggest thing given we’re still >6months out.

@Philster maybe edit first post/title if we’re locking in the date.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome! Sounds like the date is set. Location still tbd but the date was the biggest thing given we’re still >6months out.

@Philster maybe edit first post/title if we’re locking in the date.
Done. 14th-15th of May, 2022 set and added.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im definitely in, you tell me when and ill make it happen, lets try amd get a big turn out, i know a a couple of guys who aren't on the forum that may be interested also ill add these names from whom i know that are on the east coast. Be great if they would chime in and let us know if they are interested.
@The ice cream guy
@KeemoSabe
@lat
@JSTACOG
@greg
@Stevendesq

Most of these guys are in tri state area, would love to see them come
@JoeBona too

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Malvern area in Philly suburbs is awesome for driving-the Radner hunt concours has a rally in this area every year-the roads here and near(Chester Country,etc) are awesome…plenty of cheap hotels here and in king of Prussia with great restaurants and attractions(valley forge park,long wood gardens,king of Prussia mall,etc)…it’s easily accessible off of Pennsylvania turnpike…I’d be happy to help with the planning of this

1 - 20 of 99 Posts