Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Cough…. @zr33 I forgot about you Maryland people.

The 2022 Northeast Regional is going to be worth it…

you @MatteoLeuzzi, @Launch-459 @Daddyskillzs @3doucettes @HeavyFoot and @Jvito (I really forget who the other DMV people are, lol) should rally up together
Absolutely. I'm in. That's a great area. Any proposed route in NY or PA is easy for me in Baltimore. And if the Webb telescope commissioning goes as planned, then this coming May might be the first time I'll be allowed out in 2 years and a great time for a (hopefully) celebratory drive and meet-up.

Check out the recent series of little snippets NASA is releasing on Webb’s journey from Redondo Beach to Lagrange 2, (but let's save followup comments for elsewhere so as to not highjack this nicely (ahem) "focused" thread to organize this drive.)
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 1: Packed and Transported to the Ship
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 2: Loading and Departing
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 3: Arrival and Off-loading
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 4: Unpacking in the Cleanroom

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Naaaa
It's occurring where it is occurring.
If people from other areas want to drive farther and join in the fun.
Hell Yea, we would love to have ya.
Name is tentative and subject to change. I agree with you that all are welcome.

We will need some kind of name for the t-shirts (I love a good event-based t-shirt and already have a rough design mock-up in mind LOL)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Absolutely. I'm in. That's a great area. Any proposed route in NY or PA is easy for me in Baltimore. And if the Webb telescope commissioning goes as planned, then this coming May might be the first time I'll be allowed out in 2 years and a great time for a (hopefully) celebratory drive and meet-up.

Check out the recent series of little snippets NASA is releasing on Webb’s journey from Redondo Beach to Lagrange 2, (but let's save followup comments for elsewhere so as to not highjack this nicely (ahem) "focused" thread to organize this drive.)
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 1: Packed and Transported to the Ship
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 2: Loading and Departing
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 3: Arrival and Off-loading
The Webb Telescope Journey to Space Part 4: Unpacking in the Cleanroom
Omg... I have been following this development forever. Top of my wish list is for the JW telescope to launch, deploy and work!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks @Philster - I should be good for at least one of the days, hopefully both. If you are looking for track time, I can check with the two organizations I ran with this year to see if that weekend syncs up at one of their tracks in NY, CT or MA.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks @Philster - I should be good for at least one of the days, hopefully both. If you are looking for track time, I can check with the two organizations I ran with this year to see if that weekend syncs up at one of their tracks in NY, CT or MA.
We are hoping for this option. Yes.

Reactions: peterA116

·
Registered
26 Posts
It’s poor form (etiquette) to butt in on someone’s thread who is doing his best to organise a fantastic meet-up. Do what I do and organise something yourself by simply starting a thread of your own. I do sympathise but a new thread is what’s required.
Hmmm... No offense intended. Enjoy your meet-up.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Hmmm... No offense intended. Enjoy your meet-up.
You are very welcome to join us btw. It sounds like there may be a group coming from your region (obviously tbd) but you could drive up as a group. I don't think you're actually that far. It's about the same distance for me - just food for thought.. We would love to have anyone who wants to attend.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool. I saw earlier in the thread about Radnor Hunt which would have been close. I may be interested in this, but I'm not entirely sure about driving into NY / CT.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
@4Corsa What exactly is the concern? We're going to be rural and any towns visited will be on the quaint side.

I will concede this: If we were going by Google Maps to western CT, we'd get cut through absolute shit highways and bridges of actual NY City by Google Maps, but we're gonna rally up somewhere (Philly area guys and those farther south) to get to the main meet-up point for this event, and we'll stick to rural PA roads. We'll be on the nice bit of 476 (NE Extension) for a bit, but if the main meet up point is where @John4C proposes, we are in good shape.

I drive to western CT and NY state for Watkins Glenn and Lime Rock Park events, and I have my own routes to get me off the bad sections. One of the most amazing roads I ever drove was cutting off 476 south of Wilks-Barre and heading North-Northwest along the Susquehanna River to get into NY state. Holy crap was that amazing.

So yeah, anyone heading up from Philly metro area or south thereof, we will definitely avoid shit areas. I take drives that are good for the soul, to sum it up.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
@4Corsa What exactly is the concern? We're going to be rural and any towns visited with be on the quaint side.

I will concede this: If we were going by Google Maps to western CT, we'd get cut through absolute shit highways and bridges of actual NY City by Google Maps, but we're gonna rally up somewhere (Philly area guys and those farther south) to get to the main meet-up point for this event, and we'll stick to rural PA roads. We'll be on the nice bit of 476 (NE Extension) for a bit, but if the main meet up point is where @John4C proposes, we are in good shape.

I drive to western CT and NY state for Watkins Glenn and Lime Rock Park events, and I have my own routes to get me off the bad sections. One of the most amazing roads I ever drove was cutting off 476 south of Wilks-Barre and heading North-Northwest along the Susquehanna River to get into NY state. Holy crap was that amazing.

So yeah, anyone heading up from Philly metro area or south thereof, we will definitely avoid shit areas. I take drives that are good for the soul, to sum it up.
🤷‍♂️ I think I should be ok with the Alfa Romeo #007-01 Rally Assault Package option offered on the 2017 model year.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

61 - 80 of 99 Posts