Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is about the 2.0 liter 4C engine build we are doing on a customer car. — 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe.
I want to outline here just some of the parts and processes gone through to make this build a reality.

A big thanks to Jamie @alfaworks for doing the initial R+D and making the parts in this build a reality. For US customers, we are selling all Alfaworks parts that make this possible, please contact us with questions. UK and Europe customers please contact Alfaworks directly. And another thanks goes out to our engine builder—Ryan! He's got countless hours of factory training on all sorts of engines, including Ferrari, Lotus, Bentley, Maserati, Lamborghini to name a few. Without his expertise and patience this engine would not be happening.

To start,
here are some of the raw parts going into the build:
  • Forged pistons
  • Forged connecting rods
  • 2.0 liter crankshaft
  • High flow P+P 4C cylinder head
  • Borg Warner Twin-Scroll turbo
  • Alfaworks custom tubular manifold and downpipe
  • Alfaworks standalone ECU
  • Alfa9 - Scara73 Intercooler
  • C+B Stage 2 (AW spec) cams
  • High flow injectors
  • Turbosmart wastegate actuator
  • Alfaworks upgrade clutch unit

There are some other items, but for the engine, that's the core of the list.

This project is well underway... in fact the engine is assembled.
Next steps will be final assembly of the ancillary components and then re-uniting the engine with the 4C.

Last steps will be dyno testing and live tuning of the ECU on the dyno. Timing still TBD for that, but once we've got it done we'll report back with some data.

For this car we aren't stating any hp number yet, going to get on the dyno first. The main goal of the build was as the customer said, he wants a 4C that "scares me when I'm hitting the gas pedal."

Cheers, Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
This post is about the 2.0 liter 4C engine build we are doing on a customer car. — 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe.
I want to outline here just some of the parts and processes gone through to make this build a reality.

A big thanks to Jamie @alfaworks for doing the initial R+D and making the parts in this build a reality. For US customers, we are selling all Alfaworks parts that make this possible, please contact us with questions. UK and Europe customers please contact Alfaworks directly. And another thanks goes out to our engine builder—Ryan! He's got countless hours of factory training on all sorts of engines, including Ferrari, Lotus, Bentley, Maserati, Lamborghini to name a few. Without his expertise and patience this engine would not be happening.

To start,
here are some of the raw parts going into the build:
  • Forged pistons
  • Forged connecting rods
  • 2.0 liter crankshaft
  • High flow P+P 4C cylinder head
  • Borg Warner Twin-Scroll turbo
  • Alfaworks custom tubular manifold and downpipe
  • Alfaworks standalone ECU
  • Alfa9 - Scara73 Intercooler
  • C+B Stage 2 (AW spec) cams
  • High flow injectors
  • Turbosmart wastegate actuator
  • Alfaworks upgrade clutch unit
There are some other items, but for the engine, that's the core of the list.

This project is well underway... in fact the engine is assembled.
Next steps will be final assembly of the ancillary components and then re-uniting the engine with the 4C.

Last steps will be dyno testing and live tuning of the ECU on the dyno. Timing still TBD for that, but once we've got it done we'll report back with some data.

For this car we aren't stating any hp number yet, going to get on the dyno first. The main goal of the build was as the customer said, he wants a 4C that "scares me when I'm hitting the gas pedal."

Cheers, Matt
Matt can you into detail the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 cams?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
We are doing a 2.0l conversion now which will be ready late in February we would have workshop space once that is finished.

·
Registered
828 Posts
£15-20,000 depending on what options you go for, and power outputs start at 404 bhp
Worth every penny. Gentlemen, if you're following my build, you don't have to stroke the motor. I'm strengthening the bottom end by replacing with Jamie's forged pistons as this is the weak link and I expect to get around 400 bhp. I do have a larger twin scroll turbo and a new manifold along with the Race ECU. Importantly stage 2 heads from Jamie is a MUST for HP and torque gains.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts