Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
What's the ballpark price for this "stage 4"? Say around 450bhp target, so all the goodies.
Very loosely speaking, the minimum level of hard parts to start the build for a 2.0 liter is about 12k USD + up depending on the add-ons choosen.
Labor costs are another part, and a variable we won't predict here on the forum.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
651 Posts
Very loosely speaking, the minimum level of hard parts to start the build for a 2.0 liter is about 12k USD + up depending on the add-ons choosen.
Labor costs are another part, and a variable we won't predict here on the forum.
Given the sophistication FCA budgets allowed our 1.75's and the tough time tuning over 300hp out of them "cheaply", that sounds like a very sensible figure parts wise. I was guessing a $10k-$15k ballpark (Since you do state it's a kit, labor was always up in the air).
Can't wait to see what owners end up with!

With my car running strong yet, I'm def going to either go this route or a very artsy, tucked swap of some flat six or a vintage sub-4L 12 when my transmission gives up or something costs more than 30% of $15k.

That exhaust manifold sure is pretty, maybe prettier with gold wrap or a clear coat. Makes me want to turn the center console box into a window to view it under LED's!

·
Registered
2015 Alfa 4C LE
50 Posts
Final shakedown miles this week on the 2.0 liter 4C before some dyno runs.

Car setup at half boost, even at that it's got tons of torque.

Going to need wider tires to keep up with the extra hp;)

View attachment 109561
Exciting stuff! What’s that exhaust? Looks amazing with the larger diameter tips and the exposed mufflers. Spacing is perfect too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
651 Posts
Can't wait for the videos!
...and then the final kit.
...and then the income to pay for it.
If this can troll the usual supercars, it will be hilarious fun "cute 4/5/6 liter... Yeah, this wee beastie beat you with 2, but life isn't fair." Haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

Graph looks good for 1.8bar of Boost. Only thing in my eyes: Torque and Power raises fast, but both drops very early. Are you able to tell me something about the whole engine setup?

Regards
Turbofan

·
Registered
2015 Alfa 4C LE
50 Posts
Hello!

View attachment 109834

Graph looks good for 1.8bar of Boost. Only thing in my eyes: Torque and Power raises fast, but both drops very early. Are you able to tell me something about the whole engine setup?

Regards
Turbofan
Whoa! Who’s chart is this? Exciting stuff! To me it feels fast with the stock 237hp in gears 1-3. I can’t imagine 400+ whp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 89 Posts