Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
I have commissioned a local fabricator to remove the windshield and A pillar. The look i'm going for is attached in the picture. I have also recently purchased the JDM Genova Bumper. I believe myself and Bobby (fellow contributor) have purchased the last two available bumper from Osaka, Japan. Jamie's stroker kit will be purchased in the next week or so and Full roll cage will be fabricated to fit over the front dash board, side impact and over the seats.

The stroker kit will consist of Below:
Crank
Forged Rods
Forged Pistons
Port and Polished Cylinder Head exchange

This is a November through February build. I will extensively document as much as possible pending time availability. If time and budget allow, I do plan on installing the 6 piston calipers in front and the rear will utilize the stock 4 piston from the front.

The current set up has extensive build history (if you followed my previous posts) and 2.0L will make reliable 420 + hp and 400 + ft/lb torque.

For those wondering if this build will be street legal and my answer is who gives a Sh!t. 80% track and 20% local car shows.

Fun begins.............

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Very cool render bro , looking forward to hearing the power resulta your going to get . If you dont mind how much are the engine mods going to cost

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
It was a matter of time before someone did this. Removing the front window and A pillar will give a unique look.....hmmmm....a small tiny cut down windscreen similar to the Porsche speedster racer of old would also look interesting. Are you going to try to make the roll cage legal for some time attack or similar events? Curious how the roll cage will look and not conflict with the clean design of the car in the photo.

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
A Barchetta style 4C looks brilliant, Nimo. Huge respect for you having a go at this. My only suggestion is to add a small windscreen; something small like the old F1 style screens or like those of the D-Type Jag. There must be some modern equivalents. A brilliant concept though. One other question, does the windscreen frame play a part in the structural rigidity of the body or is that all borne by the tub?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Barchetta style 4C looks brilliant, Nimo. Huge respect for you having a go at this. My only suggestion is to add a small windscreen; something small like the old F1 style screens or like those of the D-Type Jag. There must be some modern equivalents. A brilliant concept though. One other question, does the windscreen frame play a part in the structural rigidity of the body or is that all borne by the tub?
The A Pillar from what I can tell is made from Carbon. The main reason for the full roll cage is to provide added structural rigidity to the vehicle. The roll cage will go over the dash to give added safety and structural support.
I think once finished it will look integrated into the design of the vehicle.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Nimo: wouldn’t it be easier starting from a coupe? Always wondered why they added the Carbon fiber A-pillar, when you see the how the roof and front window of a Coupe are made:
View attachment 102913
Trust me, much easier to build from Spyder. I'm still contemplating if I go with the Barchetta look of cutting the windshield in half. Still I think it will look much more interesting with NO windshield. Then I can wear my favorite helmet when driving.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Interesting idea and kudos for having the balls to go through with it. Personally I think I would find a salvage title car to perform major non reversible modifications on but it's your 4C and money! I think a four or five inch tall windscreen would look better than none at all.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
@Nimo - LOVE IT!!!! It is one of the reasons I really really want the Elemental RP1, and they are currently designing a version with a full Roll cage... So almost exactly what you are building here

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting idea and kudos for having the balls to go through with it. Personally I think I would find a salvage title car to perform major non reversible modifications on but it's your 4C and money! I think a four or five inch tall windscreen would look better than none at all.
You are correct that it would be better to cut up a salvage vehicle and I sitll may do that and currently bidding on one but with our car value nearing a bottom and cheap, cutting up a clean title car doesn't bother me much. Also, plan to keep this beauty for a LONG time and may even hand it down to my son. I do love the Barchetta look and may just cut the windshield in half made from Lexan.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Nimo - LOVE IT!!!! It is one of the reasons I really really want the Elemental RP1, and they are currently designing a version with a full Roll cage... So almost exactly what you are building here
Elemental isn't street legal in CANADA just like the Ariel Atom. I had the latter driving illegally in Toronto and it's the most visceral car ever made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts