Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,588 Posts
Friend 4C considering same question re: difference with heavy duty clutch. He is about to make major changes (car already apart). Waiting on an answer to see if the heavy duty clutch worth it or has its own issues (grabbiness, rough shifting, etc)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've decided against the crank and rods. Not stroking it for now. The weak link above 400HP is the pistons as noted by Jamie. I do plan on tuning it to around 420HP so Pistons were a must. The optimal decision based on hp gain and costs was to exchange the heads and pistons and I should get close to my 400HP + goals. Stroking the motor was going to gain an additional 30 hp so not worth the extra $$$. Will provide progress as the build continues.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited by Moderator)
Ready to build the bottom end. Meth kit and Fire suppression to be coming this week. Looking at two weeks to finish the motor build. After it will be at the body shop for the front windshield and A-pillar CHOP. Stay tuned boys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
Lo
Ready to build the bottom end. Meth kit and Fire suppression to be coming this week. Looking at two weeks to finish the motor build. After it will be at the body shop for the front windshield and A-pillar CHOP. Stay tuned boys.
Just love your brand of insanity. 😁 So looking forward to seeing the finished artwork.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This render has given me SO many ideas. Might have to pester @cipsony and @scara73 - once I get this bastard project at work out of the way, I have soooo many questions.

Nimo, you're a madman and I'm on tenderhooks

Gentlemen,
I have commissioned a local fabricator to remove the windshield and A pillar. The look i'm going for is attached in the picture. I have also recently purchased the JDM Genova Bumper. I believe myself and Bobby (fellow contributor) have purchased the last two available bumper from Osaka, Japan. Jamie's stroker kit will be purchased in the next week or so and Full roll cage will be fabricated to fit over the front dash board, side impact and over the seats.

The stroker kit will consist of Below:
Crank
Forged Rods
Forged Pistons
Port and Polished Cylinder Head exchange

This is a November through February build. I will extensively document as much as possible pending time availability. If time and budget allow, I do plan on installing the 6 piston calipers in front and the rear will utilize the stock 4 piston from the front.

The current set up has extensive build history (if you followed my previous posts) and 2.0L will make reliable 420 + hp and 400 + ft/lb torque.

For those wondering if this build will be street legal and my answer is who gives a Sh!t. 80% track and 20% local car shows.

Fun begins.............

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Gentlemen,
The build is progressing well. All the parts are in and currently, we are blueprinting and balancing the internals.
I expect to start Dyno tuning in the next few weeks. My target of 400+hp at the crank looks very doable but no guarantees. With the Meth injection and 105 Octane fuel, I'm expecting to run around 25 - 28 psi of boost.

After tuning, the body shop is ready to cut the A-pillar in half along with the installation of the Lexan front windshield.

4Canada, I will definitely see you at your local track this year.

I promise I will provide photos in my next entry.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts