Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my G70 to buy a 4C at the bottom of the depreciation curve. :cool: Friends and family were against it, but I don't care because I'm a bad boy and I do whatever I want. Now the prices are going up and I'm getting the last laugh.

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
I sold my G70 to buy a 4C at the bottom of the depreciation curve. :cool: Friends and family were against it, but I don't care because I'm a bad boy and I do whatever I want. Now the prices are going up and I'm getting the last laugh.

View attachment 119874
How about the value of the G70?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao they made a huge mistake. I bought the car for 38K and I traded in for 31K. Autonation being a huge company, their system valued my manual G70 just like an automatic. They could not sell it and the car was sent to auction.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Only one problem though. After the 4C, no other car, even those with 800 bhp will seem excitiing to you anymore. There are lots of hyper cars with more power on the market but none as raw. The 4C is throw back to a time when sports cars don't coddle their drivers. Your next stop will be motorcycle shopping...

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
Only one problem though. After the 4C, no other car, even those with 800 bhp will seem excitiing to you anymore. There are lots of hyper cars with more power on the market but none as raw. The 4C is throw back to a time when sports cars don't coddle their drivers. Your next stop will be motorcycle shopping...
Yup. Very few will let you experience the sensation of driving fast on public roads without putting your license in jeopardy.

I cannot recall who on this board, perhaps DrPyro2k, summed it up well:
"Other cars are fast. The 4C feels fast."
With its short gearing, small but highly boosted engine, light weight, and sensory overload, it's just a hugely exciting drive.
50 in the 4C feels like 150 in some Porsches or Ferraris. Perhaps I should have stated that the other way around, but you know what I'm getting at.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine hides its speed pretty well but I know your point.
My Viper didnt feel fast till about 150.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
What's a G70, tried Google but getting some weird Hyundai

Also, as the prices are going up the only way to benefit is to sell, that won't happen for me.

If we were smart enough we would have bought up the stock cars and stored them ready to sell, +£10k per car X 10 (for eg) would've been a nice earner for 2 years wait

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

Also, as the prices are going up the only way to benefit is to sell, that won't happen for me.

If we were smart enough we would have bought up the stock cars and stored them ready to sell, +£10k per car X 10 (for eg) would've been a nice earner for 2 years wait
did I not say this in a previously, stating I wanted to buy them ALL and rule the world!!! Hahaaaaaaa......unfortunately, not enough funds or bank managers to agree :LOL:

·
Registered
471 Posts

Yea. Would've been a great idea. Right @John4C ?

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
did I not say this in a previously, stating I wanted to buy them ALL and rule the world!!! Hahaaaaaaa......unfortunately, not enough funds or bank managers to agree :LOL:
Yeah, you and John4C need to register with the SEC before you can sell any of your cars!
I think that between the two of you, you have about the same inventory as the entire used 4C market in North America right now!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Oh wow, but you'd need a huge garage
My house is one of the smallest in my neighbourhood....because I used the remaining buildable footprint for a five (smaller cars) garage + 1 (hoist) for now.... I have ISSUES!!! :ROFLMAO:
As per @Philster desires...my ultimate home is a large garage/barn with overlooking bedroom, (a bathroom and kitchen would be nice as well) :unsure:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
My house is one of the smallest in my neighbourhood....because I used the remaining buildable footprint for a five (smaller cars) garage + 1 (hoist) for now.... I have ISSUES!!! :ROFLMAO:
As per @Philster desires...my ultimate home is a large garage/barn with overlooking bedroom, (a bathroom and kitchen would be nice as well) :unsure:
You need an old hangar

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
You need an old hangar

View attachment 119877

Just to show you how far 'gone' I am:
You showed my that beautiful hangar
My mind went immediately to this:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly right, 4C prices are rising but...SO IS THE ENTIRE MARKET. I have a 981 Boxster and dealers are offering 30%-40% more than I paid for it. I'm shopping for a 4C right now but people are asking for the moon and I'm scared I'll buy at the absolute peak. Once new car supply evens out all of these will drop, question is just how much.

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
143 Posts
I think the 4C won't come down nearly as much as most other models that have seen big lifts since it is both limited and discontinued. A friend of mine did the same thing with his cayman, made a nice profit after a year of ownership. But that market is far from limited or discontinued so they will drop back down harder when inventories regulate again.

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
I think the 4C won't come down nearly as much as most other models that have seen big lifts since it is both limited and discontinued. A friend of mine did the same thing with his cayman, made a nice profit after a year of ownership. But that market is far from limited or discontinued so they will drop back down harder when inventories regulate again.
Agree. Markets are crazy right now.

I bought a used Tacoma for the company 18 months ago.
Don't need it anymore, and when it went in for a recall this week, I asked what they would give me for it.
The answer, 12,000km later, was $400 less than what I bought it for. That's for an outright sale, not a trade-in.
Waiting to see the cheque materialize, but if something as ubiquitous as a Taco does this, then you know that things are topsy-turvey.

·
Registered
62 Posts
uh no….my 720S will rearrange your organs and mind on acceleration and rawness. .My 4c feels like a Honda Civic in comparison.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts