Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Premium Member
CDN$120k? Seems pretty steep to me. Same price as a brand new coming 2022 First Edition Emira.

I just saw this ironically. Seems extremely cheap to me, lol. Compared to Emira, one is a depreciating asset, one is an extremely limited collector car that is unlikely to ever decline in value.

This seems underpriced to me considering the last 10 in the US for at least 40k over sticker (the final 4-5 US cars all sold @50k over).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's $94,443 U. S. That's about $10k over sticker
So this one is actually a relative bargain then? :)

I'm just surprised multiple Tributo's would sell for US$120+ per John4C observation re the last 10 or so.
But I guess being the last of its kind, and if enough are willing to pay...
It kind of makes CDN$75k look like not such a bad deal for an LE. :unsure:

Premium Member
So this one is actually a relative bargain then? :)

I'm just surprised multiple Tributo's would sell for US$120+ per John4C observation re the last 10 or so.
But I guess being the last of its kind, and if enough are willing to pay...
It kind of makes CDN$75k look like not such a bad deal for an LE. :unsure:
In the US the Tributos sold way over sticker. I have the data on all the sale prices aside from 1 of the 23 US cars.

LE is not really the same in terms of scarcity/packaging. I love LE, my first 4C was one. So not to speak ill of the LE by any stretch but:

• In North America 20% of all 4Cs are LEs. 1% of North American 4Cs are Tributos
  • Globally, LEs are >15% of all 4Cs produced. Globally Tributo/Final Edition represents <1% of total 4Cs in existence.

Collectable 4Cs IMHO (seriously my opinion only, not meant to offend anyone):

• In North America the collectable 4Cs are probably limited to extremely clean, museum type LEs (it is a great package, so no LE bashing here), later model loaded cars, CF roof coupes and Italia/Tributo Editions
  • Globally, it is probably Museum level LE (esp Bianco Carrera Matte)/Competizione/Italia/Final Edition (Tributo) plus some of the rare specs like CF roof coupe etc.

Super Moderator
Sorry, what's in an "LE car" that makes it so special over a non-LE car? I don't get it.
They are fully loaded and come with a little numbered plaque. In our money they were $25,000 (25%) more expensive than the SE when I ordered but if you optioned up a SE with the same bits the SE would have been more expensive. I ordered my SE with the carbon interior pack, including the leather dash, something our LE鈥檚 didn鈥檛 come with. The LE is a little more special simply because it鈥檚 an LE. However, have a look at the jacking points. I have an extra pair so this makes the SE more special in a practical sense.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are fully loaded and come with a little numbered plaque. In our money they were $25,000 (25%) more expensive than the SE when I ordered but if you optioned up a SE with the same bits the SE would have been more expensive. I ordered my SE with the carbon interior pack, including the leather dash, something our LE鈥檚 didn鈥檛 come with. The LE is a little more special simply because it鈥檚 an LE. However, have a look at the jacking points. I have an extra pair so this makes the SE more special in a practical sense.
I'm still learning about the car. I don't have one yet - I'm close.
I've skimmed through some threads re jack points , but are you saying above that the LE is "missing" 2 jack points that the later cars have? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Super Moderator
I've skimmed through some threads re jack points , but are you saying above that the LE is "missing" 2 jack points that the later cars have? Thanks in advance for clarifying.
Pretty much鈥.You need to look for them just to be certain, so don鈥檛 wear your Sunday best when going out to inspect. You also have to know where to look and what to look for.

LE: Race pack with 18/19鈥 wheels, rear sway bar, slightly stiffer and 1cm lower suspension, carbon bot lid spoiler, front fender slots, carbon front headlight surrounds, carbon instrument surround, carbon button bezel, carbon mirror caps and Alcantara seat inserts were the standout extras. We all got the convenience pack and A/C down this way as standard. I ordered mine with the leather dash, carbon instrument surround, carbon bezel, carbon mirror caps and black diamond 17/18鈥 wheels, just to be different鈥ot it at a discount 鈥榗ause they wanted the order. No remorse yet.

Premium Member
Car is sold!

Sold some day as I understand it. Not surprising at all - that was a smoking deal on Tributo #24.

Anyone on here the proud new owner?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol.... clearly I severely underestimated the niche appeal of these cars. That's better than overestimating I suppose. ;-)

Edging a little closer to getting mine.

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
Pretty much鈥.You need to look for them just to be certain, so don鈥檛 wear your Sunday best when going out to inspect. You also have to know where to look and what to look for.

LE: Race pack with 18/19鈥 wheels, rear sway bar, slightly stiffer and 1cm lower suspension, carbon bot lid spoiler, front fender slots, carbon front headlight surrounds, carbon instrument surround, carbon button bezel, carbon mirror caps and Alcantara seat inserts were the standout extras. We all got the convenience pack and A/C down this way as standard. I ordered mine with the leather dash, carbon instrument surround, carbon bezel, carbon mirror caps and black diamond 17/18鈥 wheels, just to be different鈥ot it at a discount 鈥榗ause they wanted the order. No remorse yet.
US LEs did have the extra lifting point...at least mine does.

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
Depends on country whether the LEs had the 2 extra lifting points. My US version of the LE has them...between the front pads and rear lifting point. You can jack the car at that point with a low and long reach jack and lift both side tires off the ground at once (make sure your car is unlocked or your theft alarm will scream at you). The US version of all 4Cs has a different tub than other countries due to crash regulations which are more stringent here. As far as I know all 4Cs sold in the US have the extra mid lifting pads. I don't know if those sold in Canada have the extra lifting pads....maybe one of our members up North can verify that.

Super Moderator
In Oz, to my knowledge, the LE鈥檚 don鈥檛 have the middle pair of lift points. As RK says, it鈥檚 country dependent and variable enough to always have a look if buying a 4C down this way. They seems to be consistently present in the NA market, apparently.

Registered
Depends on country whether the LEs had the 2 extra lifting points. My US version of the LE has them...between the front pads and rear lifting point. You can jack the car at that point with a low and long reach jack and lift both side tires off the ground at once (make sure your car is unlocked or your theft alarm will scream at you). The US version of all 4Cs has a different tub than other countries due to crash regulations which are more stringent here. As far as I know all 4Cs sold in the US have the extra mid lifting pads. I don't know if those sold in Canada have the extra lifting pads....maybe one of our members up North can verify that.
I thought the tub was identical. Just a crapload extra aluminum front and back in the US cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts