Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the car mag article which mentions that 'Alfa's already doubled the number of high-spec Launch Editions it will build...' Are they building 2000 now or am I reading it wrong?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Perhaps 1,001-2,000 are the NQSLEs (not quite so limited editions). More likely journo getting it wrong. Which magazine?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fatspur said:
Perhaps 1,001-2,000 are the NQSLEs (not quite so limited editions). More likely journo getting it wrong. Which magazine?
Page 92 of Car Magazine September 2013 - I'd post a scan of the page but not sure we're allowed...
Anyway, the full sentence is "Annual sales will be limited to 3500 units, but Alfa's already doubled the number of high-spec Limited Edition models it will build, and the 4C's sold-out well into 2014." Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Alfa were originally going to produce 500 LE's, but doubled it to 1,000.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Kaliber is right.. It was changed a few times.

When I first got the chance to put my name on the list the plan was to produce only 100 4C LE's in RHD and 100 LE's in LHD.

They then made it 500 and after receiving over 300 names to order 4C LE's before the car was even announced at Geneva they decided to bump the number to 1000 LE's.

They will not produce 2000 LE's. They said they dont want to dilute the exclusivity of the 4C LE's..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perreby said:
Kaliber is right.. It was changed a few times.

When I first got the chance to put my name on the list the plan was to produce only 100 4C LE's in RHD and 100 LE's in LHD.

They then made it 500 and after receiving over 300 names to order 4C LE's before the car was even announced at Geneva they decided to bump the number to 1000 LE's.

They will not produce 2000 LE's. They said they dont want to dilute the exclusivity of the 4C LE's..
Good to know, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts