Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, long time reader first time posting:

I'm currently on the market around europe for a 4c (red or black) and i've narrowed it down currently to two options

One is a 2014, not LE, but really well specced with central exhaust (which I love) and a few other goodies, oh and 23KKms (14.3Kmiles)
The other a 2017, with the parking sensors that the 2014 lacks, without central exhaust, black mirrors, black roof, .... All the things I love in the 2014 one, but also newer and with 18Kkms (11Kmiles)

The price is about the same

So which would you go for? (oh, both are professional sales with one year warranty)

Thanks in advance

Miguel

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
Welcome!

I'd agree with getting the newer one - you can be sure that any Alfa changes between the dates of manufacture were done, properly (whereas on the 2014 you don't know for sure if the pit stop was done, or if the dealer did it all correctly). I think you only get 3 years warranty in Europe, but might there be some left on the 2017? Also, the 2014 having a centre exit exhaust means some after market work going on. Might not be bad, but it makes me wonder what else was done, and if you will come to regret someone else's fiddling with the car in the long run. If you really want the centre exit look, there are aftermarket options available, and if you install them (or have your trusted mechanic do so), you will be more certain that it's done right.

I'd always go for the lower miles / newer car at roughly the same price, anyway.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,454 Posts
Agreed to go with the newer car since miles, etc. seem comparable. As far as any changes between years....they are identical in all the things that count....engine, trans, etc. Any differences are only minor trim and any add ons the previous owners may have done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would never recommend to purchase the car without the parking sensors - you need them as long as you don't live far away from any city.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Echo on the parking sensors however those can be added via license plate holder. All things being equal the smart money is on the most recent production date.
However - state of vehicle is more important. Look underneath, use your phone if needed. Any marks suggesting a big bang to the chassis occurred should be a deal-breaker. Another indicator is to look how maniacally the car was cleaned, look at the nooks and crannies inside the doors / A-pillar, between the engine and the inside rear window. A detailing maniac is less likely to have trashed the car.
Should you go for the older one, replace the battery.

Reading that I just wrote a perfect description of how not to buy mine :D (apart from the underside part).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts