Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo Launch Edition Coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....
Well, I went and did it!
Bought a 2015 Alfa Romeo Launch Edition Coupe in Rosso Competizione... #112,
and I really love the 'Red Rocket'.
It is a piece of art on 4 wheels and I can hardly walk by the garage without peeking in to admire this fabulous machine.
Spent 3 days detailing it... pulled the wheels and cleaned them, checked everything out as best as I could.
This has about 23,000 miles, and it is obvious the prior owner took very good care of it.
While there aren't a lot of miles on it, I know that due to the fact the car is almost 6 years old, there will be some necessary maintenance to perform in the near future... timing belt, brake flush and torqueing all the bolts and fasteners, and maybe other procedures, as well.
I spoke with the dealer that took care of the car for the previous owner (in Scottsdale, AZ), and he filled me in with a lot of the history of what was done, but not the big 3 (see above)... bummer....
I'm in the Denver, Colorado area, and while there are 2 'Alfa' dealers along the front range, I would really like to find an independent shop that is familiar with the 4C, could do these tasks and I could develop a working relationship with.
Are there any 4C owners in this area that know a good local shop they can recommend, or anyone with experience with the 2 dealers... good or bad?
By the way... it took FOREVER to finally get the paperwork to the DMV from the out of state dealer and get this titled and registered, but it is now a done deal and I have a real plate on it... and it is mine!
Anyway, I enjoy this forum... great information and articles... good stuff.
Thanks!!!
Paul
Paul's 1941 Chevy Web Site
& All Things Vintage...

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
Hello and welcome! Great find, beautiful car. Thanks for the pic.
After 6 summers with mine, I still pinch myself that I own such a beautiful, fun car. The honeymoon does not end soon.

As for service shops, check with Matt at Alfa9 Supply in Boulder, or Centerline International in Lafayette.
Both are real Alfisti, and although they only supply parts (as far as I know), they can likely recommend nearby, qualified service shops.

Best of luck with the little red rocket. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super... thanks for the info!
I will check with them and hope they can recommend a good shop.
Regards.......

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
167 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see others nearby. I'm up in Cheyenne. I've had good luck with Mike Ward AR in Denver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wondered about Mike Ward....
Did they do any 'serious' maintenance to your car?
They have a lot of good feedback about their shop....
I know there is a lot of back and forth about using a dealership instead of an independent shop.
I am pretty handy and can do most repairs, but without a lift, this is a difficult vehicle to work on, nor do I feel comfortable about a timing belt replacement....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful car!!!!!!!
I'll have to check out this type of jack. Is it compressor powered, or?
Does it fold up and store away?
Very interesting.......
?

Sorry... had to throw a photo out there of a previous 'bucket list' car I used to own.......
Hope it doesn't take down the 4C forum!!!!! Ha..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you do all of your bolt and fastener torqueing yourself? Looks like there is a lot to do, and some aren't easy to get to.
I couldn't even get my floor jack under the car, so I built ramps using 2x4's, then I could jack one side or the other, of course using the appropriate jack spots and a nylon jack pad I had leftover from working on the Lotus....

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
167 Posts
That Elite is bucket list for me. I'm going to do the bolt tightening this winter. The quickjack costs as much as one service, and I feel it'll get easier each year so it pays for itself many times over

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
Congrats on finding the rolling Italian art. You have a fine vintage collection in that room.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,450 Posts
Several of us own the Quick Jack....I have one and love it. The neat part is that it can be moved and leaned up against a wall so in my garage/shop, it doesn't take up precious floor space.
You can find it as Ranger Quickjack on line. I have the 3500 model which is perfect for the 4C....some times you can get a deal on the next model up...the 5000.....the size represents the maximum lift of each. Unless you have a heavier car than 3500# in your garage also, the 3500 is lighter and even easier to move around. Each side slides under your car to span the lift points. A motor and hydraulic pump raises and lowers the car. The pump and motor is in another unit that is connected with hydraulic hoses and quick connects.. There are two choices....a 120 volt model and a 12V model. I have the 120 V model although if you track the car and have another vehicle to accompany you to the track the 12V model would have an advantage. In my case I have a full size. Each side and the motor/pump unit can be picked up with one hand....the lifts also have wheels on one end so you can drag them around the shop. They lift the car about 18" above the ground which for most stuff is more than enough.

Congrats on the car.....I have a 2015 4C Launch Edition bought new and LOVE it still.

I would do the bolt tightening and cam belt/water pump/serpentine belt/cam belt tensioner now if it hasn't been done. Also brake fluid flush and probably spark plugs. If you do it yourself the cam belts are a more involved process and requires a couple of specialty tools. If you have it all done at a dealer or independent shop, best to do as much of this at the same time as it will save you money since you will be removing the same panels, etc. so you don't have to pay for some steps multiple times if done on different dates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info regarding the Quick Jack... it looks like a very handy piece of kit!
I might look into investing into one, as it, no doubt, makes life easier when working on these exotic automobiles.

Is there anything else I might need to have done beside what you mentioned in your previous post (bolt tightening, cam belt/water pump/serpentine belt/cam belt tensioner & brake fluid flush)?
I did pull, clean and gap the sparkplugs and I plan on checking the air filter.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, Sin City (love the movie, Jessica Alba is gorgeous!)....
Your LE #400 is absolutely beautiful. How long have you had it?

I did check out the Quick Jack, and that looks to be a must have tool for the garage!
So they fit under the 4C no problem and line up with the lift points okay?

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,450 Posts
Hi, Sin City (love the movie, Jessica Alba is gorgeous!)....
Your LE #400 is absolutely beautiful. How long have you had it?

I did check out the Quick Jack, and that looks to be a must have tool for the garage!
So they fit under the 4C no problem and line up with the lift points okay?
Yes...the 3500 (the one I have) or 5000 model work great with the 4C lift points. They come with rubber spacer blocks between the car lift points and the jack. The thinner set is the one I use...the other is a bit too thick. Shop around as you may get a good price on line or at Costco. Don't know if they are still selling them, but Costco had the 5000 model for about $900 as I recall. The 3500 and 5000 represent the max. weight they can lift. I went with the 3500 as it can easily lift our 4C and at this point I would rather have the lighter weight of the two lifts. Once the car is lifted there is a mechanical brace that locks the lift in one of two positions....this acts like a jack stand for safety.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, RKBerta....
I will definitely shop for one of these lifts. The 3500 sounds like it would be perfect!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts