·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 4C Spider Alfa Rosso
$60,000
8800 miles
DFW area

I made a mistake and bought a second 4C that I did not need last August. I am the third owner. It took me until the end of December to get the car licensed. It came from an area that did not require emissions testing. I tried three different ECUs to no avail and had to face up to the fact that I needed to remove the Capristo 100 cell downpipe which is included with the car. Most of the miles I put on the car were putting miles on the car before various emissions tests and gong to the shop 50+ miles away for alignment, oil change and a new right side roof latch. I have driven the car 250 miles in 2022.

My 4C Coupe would not get up my driveway so I had been storing it elsewhere. I do a lot of driving with it at the track, but, I did not take the spider to the track. I raised the 4C Coupe a fraction of an inch and now in one direction going almost sideways I can get up the driveway.

Although I removed the Capristo 100 cell downpipe and switched from EC intake version 2 to version 1 this car sounds really good.

ORIGINAL OWNER – Info From Second Owner
Prepared for the owner of our dealership, driven only by him, with the following modifications. (retail values shown including labor):

* Koshi Group Carbon Fiber Appearance Enhancements: front-grille V-frame, front bumper flaps, rear spoiler: $1680

* Suspension Correction Blocks by Alfa Workshop UK: Dramatically improve straight-line stability and cornering grip by introducing increased negative camber and positive caster into the front suspension geometry.$1000

* Rear Control Arms: Stiffer rear control arms and bushings aid in reducing deflection on track and with the increased grip of the wider wheels and tires. $1280

* Custom Intake, Exhaust and High Performance Software: High-flow center-exit exhaust system by Centerline substituted for restrictive dual-exit system. Couples with a Eurocompulsion intake elbow to increase inlet flow also. Optimized with a Eurocompulsion tuned ECU for a total power output of +/- 320 brake-horsepower at the wheels. $5000

* Ohlins Coilover Sport Suspension: Adjustable two-way Ohlins Motorsports shocks from Alfa9 with adjustable remote-reservoir dampers, Spring rates Optimized for spirited road-driving and occasional track usage, whist retaining a very comfortable ride. $7500

* Michelin Pilot Supersport Tires 245/40/18 in front and 285/30/19 in the rear. $1200

* Wheel-widening: Stock 5-hole Alfa alloys widened 1.5" front and back, yielding 18 x 8.5" width front and 19 x 10.5" rear. Wheels were laser-cut, had grooves cut into the halves, and the extra width has structural tongues to fit the grooves. Circumferential welding inside and out. Stronger than the originals! $900

* Custom Audio with Sony RSX-1 Hi-Res Music System: Custom high-end audio installation with Sony's RSX-1 system. Amplifier custom-mounted behind passenger airbag, speakers all hidden behind factory grills. High end digital-to-analog converters, hi-res Bluetooth audio. 45 hours labor to install. $4500

* Complete Ceramic Coat: 5-coats of hand-applied ceramic coating - a 4 day process. $2200

A total of over $25000 has been added to this stunning, 2200-mile 4C Spider. Mileage when original owner was selling.

SECOND OWNER - CUMULATIVE - COMMENTS ON 3RD OWNER CHANGES
7000+ miles when for sale by second owner
Alfa Romeo rear spoiler in carbon
Koshi parts: Griil V-frame, front bumper flaps
Alfa Works Blocks
Alfa Works rear control arms
Eurocompulsion V1 intake new (I removed V2)
Centerline Corsa and Stradale exhaust; one boxed up
Capristo 100 cell downpipe (replaced with stock) still have
SCARA73 Intercooler
SCARA73 aluminum tubes
SCARA73 Stage 3 ECU (removed; using stock ECU) Also have EC ECU Stage 2
SCARA73 TCU Tune
Ohlins two-way road and track coilovers
Widened stock wheels
Front spacers 20 mm; rear spacers 30 mm
Custom high end audio
5 coats of ceramic coating
Beau’s toggle and HVAC controls
5 year service done
Bolt tightening done
OEM car cover and bag
Quick oil change adapter
Alfa trickle charger with connection in trunk

Spare Parts:
Stock IC and downpipe
Capristo 100 cell downpipe
Multiple intake hoses
Intercooler hoses

Replaced right rear roof latch

Jeff

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
236 Posts
While some people refrain from upgrades when buying a previously owned car, I personally think these are some nice additions and this is a really good deal.
I hope someone picks this up fast and continues to give the car some TLC.
-T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts