Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a registry for informational purposes due to the low production numbers of the 4C. I am looking for U.S. 2017-2018 COUPE owners to send me their vehicle's information so I can break down the build stats during the last 2 years of Coupe production. My goal is to purchase a carbon fiber roof coupe with low miles and zero accidents, but also to determine how rare each spec is and share that information with the forums.

I've found 32 vehicles thus far and one interesting piece of information when comparing VIN #'s is that the 2017 Gray 4C Coupe offered at St. Pete Alfa Romeo is/was listed for $5k less through Track & Field Motors because it was involved in an accident. I believe they wholesaled it to St. Pete Alfa Romeo, who is only advertising it with a copy of the Autocheck report, which doesn't show the accident that Carfax lists.

Here is the information that I'm including in my Spreadsheet, which I can share with the forums or make available privately, depending on your thoughts:

• Year
  • Exterior Color
  • Interior Color
  • Carbon Roof
  • Vin # (I completely understand privacy concerns, but the Vin # is helpful for looking up the window sticker and tracking accidents.)
  • Asking Price if it's for sale
  • Selling Price if it sold
  • MSRP
  • Current Mileage
  • Accidents?
  • Any mods or unique information about your car

Please send me a message directly or reply to this thread with your vehicle's information. With your help, we can get a more accurate representation of the split between Coupe sales vs Spiders, colors, options, MSRP, sales prices, accidents, locations, and modifications.

I look forward to giving back to the community and becoming a 4C Coupe owner. Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
We’re getting a forum software warning here.
We have an Owners’ thread where they can enter their car details. This exists for various regions though I don’t know how up-to-date it is. I would ask you not to ask for car VINs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand about the Vin #'s. I'll check the Owner's thread to see if I can put enough of the information together. Most other sports car forums have registries or lists that break down the rarity of car by year, color, etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,754 Posts
I understand about the Vin #'s. I'll check the Owner's thread to see if I can put enough of the information together. Most other sports car forums have registries or lists that break down the rarity of car by year, color, etc.
Go to any post by foleydb, and there is a link to the owners’ thread and also the owners list (on the 4C Cloud, run by foleydb).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to any post by foleydb, and there is a link to the owners’ thread and also the owners list (on the 4C Cloud, run by foleydb).
Thanks for the link. His spreadsheets haven't been updated in about a year. I just bumped the thread and hopefully more will send in their information. He asks for VIN #'s in his thread, but my thread was flagged? How can I compile accurate data for 2017-2018 coupes?

·
Super Moderator
16,754 Posts
I don’t really see the point of competing lists, myself. If the sheets haven’t been updated, it’s because nobody else has come forward to ask to be put on the list. So, bump the threads if you like. But it’s all about audience participation, and foleydb is a long time and respected member here, former moderator, and lifetime premium member who has maintained those lists (as well as all the other info on the cloud) for us for years. Don’t expect that starting from new as a new member yourself, is going to garner a better result. But go ahead and prove me wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Can you guys enlighten me about what’s the big deal of sharing VIN #. Maybe I’m missing something. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you guys enlighten me about what’s the big deal of sharing VIN #. Maybe I’m missing something. Thanks.
I wasn't sure why this thread was flagged, so I figured that maybe it was due to my request for Vin #'s. My main goal for the list is to break down how many '17-18 Coupes were built with carbon fiber roofs, but I find the other spec and pricing information interesting as well. I have your car's info down from when it was for sale on the forums, but I don't have the Vin or original MSRP. Your car has the spec that I'm looking for.

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
It’s more about people posting photos of their VIN info from their car directly. Copied like this it could be used to scam others. Same as photographs of numberplates. The unscrupulous can use it to manufacture fake plates and you get the fine for someone else’s misdemeanour. It happens. Then you have to prove to the authorities it wasn’t you and they can be very obstinate about it.
To keep it short, perfectly reasonable paranoia. 😉
I have no firm idea about why the original post was flagged, but made the assumption too that it was because of the VIN request or request for personal details of cars.

·
Registered
199 Posts
  • Basalt Grey
  • Red
  • Carbon Roof, AK Exhaust, Carbon interior trim, full leather, carbon brake ducts & mirrors (Car is fully loaded with every single option).
  • Vin Not sure
  • Not for sale
  • Not for sale
  • $83,000~
  • Nope
  • Philly suburbs
  • Completely stock and always will be.

Reactions: closingtime

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
There’s a better way to do this. I’ve been putting it off for a bit because I’m not a programmer so it requires a little learning curve for me to do it but you can get all this data for all US 4Cs (there’s only 2106 of them). I agree that it would be amazing to know the true breakdown by coupe/spider, color, spec, etc.

Reactions: closingtime

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
  • Basalt Grey
  • Red
  • Carbon Roof, AK Exhaust, Carbon interior trim, full leather, carbon brake ducts & mirrors (Car is fully loaded with every single option).
  • Vin Not sure
  • Not for sale
  • Not for sale
  • $83,000~
  • Nope
  • Philly suburbs
  • Completely stock and always will be.
That's an epic spec! The basalt gray looks incredible with red leather. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
299 Posts
There’s a better way to do this. I’ve been putting it off for a bit because I’m not a programmer so it requires a little learning curve for me to do it but you can get all this data for all US 4Cs (there’s only 2106 of them). I agree that it would be amazing to know the true breakdown by coupe/spider, color, spec, etc.
I write code for a living if you want some help ping me, would be fun.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Expect a PM shortly 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd be glad to help you break down the data if possible, but I think we should leave it in Neth's capable hands. Alfa reported Q3 sales and I now have 2,126 total 4Cs imported to the U.S. in my total list.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How about the last 4 digits of the VIN instead? Still makes it safe, but is a unique identifier for each entry.

·
Registered
199 Posts

There is an online portal that generates window stickers for these cars on the fly based off VIN.

Id imagine we could write some kind of for loop to walk through all of the possible VIN combinations. I'm pretty sure only that last 6 or so are unique.

·
Registered
199 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts