Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

681 - 687 of 687 Posts

·
Vendor
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
I'd say depending on the Titanium grade. "low as you can go" usually Chinese stuff comes at about 10€ per piece. That means about 200€ for "Titanium" set. I have a sample on a way to take it to the material analyze to compare with the proper Grade 5 Titanium from Russia that is also on the way as a sample for a test. I'm curious what will be the difference if any at all. We will also test stock bolt. More later...

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
I'd say depending on the Titanium grade. "low as you can go" usually Chinese stuff comes at about 10€ per piece. That means about 200€ for "Titanium" set. I have a sample on a way to take it to the material analyze to compare with the proper Grade 5 Titanium from Russia that is also on the way as a sample for a test. I'm curious what will be the difference if any at all. We will also test stock bolt. More later...
Beware the Chinese "sample", as it is not always representative of future shipments, based on other products.
No experience with Russian equivalent.

·
Vendor
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
First sample prototype of GMS titanium stud bolt is here. Weight, looks and machining is superb. Let's see the quality of material...analyzing... 🧐

What's you estimate of total unsprung weight saving with titanium studs vs. stock nuts all around? And the studs are longer enough for 20mm spacers.

IMG_20191204_205807_586.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
First sample prototype of GMS titanium stud bolt is here. Weight, looks and machining is superb. Let's see the quality of material...analyzing... 🧐

What's you estimate of total unsprung weight saving with titanium studs vs. stock nuts all around? And the studs are longer enough for 20mm spacers.

View attachment 103763
OEM is 292g/pcs, titanium is 45% of weight. If pin is hollow, hard to say, but if its massive, I'd guess not that much really..? 4-500g all around?

681 - 687 of 687 Posts