Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

681 - 700 of 737 Posts

·
Vendor
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
I'd say depending on the Titanium grade. "low as you can go" usually Chinese stuff comes at about 10€ per piece. That means about 200€ for "Titanium" set. I have a sample on a way to take it to the material analyze to compare with the proper Grade 5 Titanium from Russia that is also on the way as a sample for a test. I'm curious what will be the difference if any at all. We will also test stock bolt. More later...

·
Super Moderator
14,122 Posts
I'd say depending on the Titanium grade. "low as you can go" usually Chinese stuff comes at about 10€ per piece. That means about 200€ for "Titanium" set. I have a sample on a way to take it to the material analyze to compare with the proper Grade 5 Titanium from Russia that is also on the way as a sample for a test. I'm curious what will be the difference if any at all. We will also test stock bolt. More later...
Beware the Chinese "sample", as it is not always representative of future shipments, based on other products.
No experience with Russian equivalent.

·
Vendor
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
First sample prototype of GMS titanium stud bolt is here. Weight, looks and machining is superb. Let's see the quality of material...analyzing... ?

What's you estimate of total unsprung weight saving with titanium studs vs. stock nuts all around? And the studs are longer enough for 20mm spacers.

IMG_20191204_205807_586.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
First sample prototype of GMS titanium stud bolt is here. Weight, looks and machining is superb. Let's see the quality of material...analyzing... ?

What's you estimate of total unsprung weight saving with titanium studs vs. stock nuts all around? And the studs are longer enough for 20mm spacers.

View attachment 103763
OEM is 292g/pcs, titanium is 45% of weight. If pin is hollow, hard to say, but if its massive, I'd guess not that much really..? 4-500g all around?

·
Vendor
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Close. We did a bit of stress analyze and did some optimization to minimalise the weight, so let's see what will be the final result.

Meanwhile, we have added this to our store. You probably know why. :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
How much weight did you removed with the AC?
Also I understood there is some power gain or better said less power lost?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'd say depending on the Titanium grade. "low as you can go" usually Chinese stuff comes at about 10€ per piece. That means about 200€ for "Titanium" set.
I have a sample on a way to take it to the material analyze to compare with the proper Grade 5 Titanium from Russia that is also on the way as a sample for a test.
I'm curious what will be the difference if any at all. We will also test stock bolt. More later...
Nothing compares to leftover materials from Russian tanks and rockets :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Winter time is an opportunity for new improvements. I can't understood the illogical design of engine cooling on the C4. The total surface area of the air intake in the bumper is approx. 1540 sq.cm, the radiator cooling area is 2470 sq.cm, while the outake area from the cooling box is only 275 sq.cm. The airflow is extremely poor and as such doesn't have as much effect on the front downforce as initially suspected. Now I'm intensively working to increase the airflow through the radiator and direct it elsewhere rather than down. Theoretically, I have some ideas that will at the same time have an impact on downforce and drag in front, but they still need to be put into practice. I will definitely let you know about the progress.

Radiator Box.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Due to poor air flow, a large radiator with two fans had to be installed in 4C. Because there was not enough front space, the radiator had to be tilted and only the option of underbody air outtake remained. In the case of improvement, a new one fan radiator with 2/3 stock height could be installed vertically, but if it tilted a little further it would be best. This could provide best position for full air outlet to the top of the front hood. I am currently interested for a more rational variant, that is with the same stock two fans radiator position and a different air box and outtakes.

Stock Radiator.jpg

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is this Rudi? Or another 4c owner in Slovenia?
Did you really had oevrheating issues?
I'm looking my temps on track and they barely touch 100 degr C.
But i'm only with stock turbo and AW stage1 ECU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this Rudi? Or another 4c owner in Slovenia?
Did you really had oevrheating issues?
I'm looking my temps on track and they barely touch 100 degr C.
But i'm only with stock turbo and AW stage1 ECU.
Yes, I'm Rudy's father and teacher, but the student has become better than the teacher ... and now I'm learning from him. Sorry Croc, I'm not talking about overheating problems, but poor airflow through the radiator box, which negatively affects the aerodynamics and front downforce. Potential overheating was solved with a larger refrigerator, which could not be properly positioned in the front.

681 - 700 of 737 Posts