Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, This is a BRAND NEW ( only 30 miles ) Alfa Romeo 4C complete engine! It comes with the following :

• complete engine
  • turbocharger
  • complete down-pipe / catalytic converter
  • all as pictured
This engine was originally pulled off of a brand 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C spider. The car was driven from the dealer to the shop, leaving only 30 miles on the car. The original car is a project that is being completely rebuilt into a hypercar with a V10 Lamborghini engine. ( look up "RAGNAROK Hyper Car Build" )

I acquired the engine with intention of doing a full 2 liter 500 HP build on it for my existing 4C, however at this point I have my original engine, this one , and a whole complete other one from a movie car ... I won't realistically get to this with too many cars and projects, and possibly moving soon too , so the engines have to go :\ . This can be a great spare option, or an engine you can do a full build on... not often a 4c engine comes up, especially never a NEW one! ..

You can see my own 4C build in IG "VOY_SPEED"

Asking $6500 local pick up, or it would have to be freight.

The engine currently sits on top of a shipping frame, and could be wrapped and shipped freight like this. I prefer local pickup, however freight would be around $300, or you can arrange for your own freight pickup.

thanks for looking and happy driving

·
Registered
841 Posts
I almost bought this engine from eBay when it was originally sold. It’s nice to have a spare if you track your car often.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost bought this engine from eBay when it was originally sold. It’s nice to have a spare if you track your car often.
so i ended up with 2x spares . lol 🤦‍♂️ .. there is a second one I will be posting for same price, however with under 10k miles, but with the whole transmissions assemble attached and included ...

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,974 Posts
Contact @Call me Al ....not sure if he is looking for a spare engine for his 4C track car build. If I had a track car and did lots of tracking I would be on this like white on rice.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Contact @Call me Al ....not sure if he is looking for a spare engine for his 4C track car build. If I had a track car and did lots of tracking I would be on this like white on rice.
Yeah, me too. I just don’t drive it enough and that hard to have a spare engine. Definitely a good choice for someone that tracks their 4C. This way you won’t have to worry about it if you blow your engine or transmission.

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
Can @Voy_Speed do us a huge favor, and maybe weigh the whole package? I'm dying to know if the 1.75l is as "weight-effective" for the 23#-24#ft/lbs power it gives stock. I've read our whole drivetrain from intake to exhaust tip to axle end and cooling comes in either at 57#lbs or +800lbs, so if a complete engine weighs about my theory of 450lbs or so, maybe the cooling and wire harness could add the 100-150lbs? Then again, if the engine weighs 600+... I might be looking at motorcycle engines for a swap and a cool sequential haha but seriously.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Can @Voy_Speed do us a huge favor, and maybe weigh the whole package? I'm dying to know if the 1.75l is as "weight-effective" for the 23#-24#ft/lbs power it gives stock. I've read our whole drivetrain from intake to exhaust tip to axle end and cooling comes in either at 57#lbs or +800lbs, so if a complete engine weighs about my theory of 450lbs or so, maybe the cooling and wire harness could add the 100-150lbs? Then again, if the engine weighs 600+... I might be looking at motorcycle engines for a swap and a cool sequential haha but seriously.
It’s the dual clutch transmission that adds the weight. What weight was saved going from a cast iron block to alloy one was added back when the manual gearbox was deleted In the Giulietta and the TCT made the only choice. As for actual weights, they exist but I‘d have to do a lot of looking. Maybe others have the data at hand. Your idea of getting individual component weight measurements has merit but I wonder if Voy Speed could be bothered.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm thinking you might want to reach out to Stacey directly that parted out the car, I think she would know the weight if she had it shipped, and she probably did it twice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would be more than happy to weigh the engine, I just don’t have a way to do it. I actually also have one of the engines that came out of the two cars Stacy was parting out. That one has the transmission on it, and I might be selling it as well. (We might be moving across the country, so multiple engines and few cars have to go )

I am going to look through my old emails, I may have a waybill for this engine posted for sale here what the shipping weight was when delivered to me...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And 45 seconds later, I actually found the old email, 😁
“The dimensions are 48x40x42 and the weight is 399lbs”

this is including the lower wood blocks/skid this currently sits on... is say that’s 25or so lbs.

this weight also includes the turbo charger, and the downpipe with catalytic, as well as engine mounts.

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
I would be more than happy to weigh the engine, I just don’t have a way to do it. I actually also have one of the engines that came out of the two cars Stacy was parting out. That one has the transmission on it, and I might be selling it as well. (We might be moving across the country, so multiple engines and few cars have to go )

I am going to look through my old emails, I may have a waybill for this engine posted for sale here what the shipping weight was when delivered to me...
Solid. Thank you and good luck with that move! I seem to be planning one myself... Maybe something about the quarantine makes one rethink location?

So ~350lbs... That's indeed 1.5L+ motorcycle territory, and what, the manifold and turbo are still on it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@OriginalForza

yea, quarantine has definitely made us rethink location. We were planning on going from NJ out to the western side of the country in 4 - 5 years .. With everything on pause, we are considering just doing it now .. whole world turned nuts in 2020 o_O

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW, Matt at Alfa9Supply and a builder they work with has done a good number of monster engine builds ... forged pistons, rods, 2.0 liter crank, twin scrol turbo, etc .. This engine ( or the other one I am about to post for sale ) would be great for anyone wanting to have one built without tearing their OEM motor .. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts