Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,754 Posts
Likely a function of people having some bias against the mileage, but a car that is driven, especially an Italian car that is driven, is likely to have fewer problems.
And it isn’t like some Italians (exotics, mainly older ones), where the costs of high mileage maintenance is exorbitant.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
That one has been for sale for a bit. It's kind of amazing to me; that dealer is probably 30 minutes from me. It's crazy because this is Massachusetts; it snows here. That car couldn't have been driven 12 months a year. Whoever had it really drove it a lot. They definitely got their money's worth.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Has those horrible mirror caps like mine came with. I assume the caps are what kept mine on the lot for a while and helped me negotiate price down, back when you could get massive discounts on new.

Orig
View attachment 118523

Corrected
View attachment 118524
Are you sure mirrorcaps would stop someone buying a 4C ? Probably the simplest thing to change 🤭

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Are you sure mirrorcaps would stop someone buying a 4C ? Probably the simplest thing to change 🤭
You would be amazed what people get hung up on. That wouldn't shock me at all, especially when there were many available and you could call another dealer that had one with the mirrors you preferred. It is probably not as material an issue today with so few available; however, you would be amazed. Not all buyers are on forums and understand how easily some of these things can be changed.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You would be amazed what people get hung up on. That wouldn't shock me at all, especially when there were many available and you could call another dealer that had one with the mirrors you preferred. It is probably not as material an issue today with so few available; however, you would be amazed. Not all buyers are on forums and understand how easily some of these things can be changed.
That's crazy though, like turning down a gorgeous girl bacause you don't like her eye shadow

·
Registered
572 Posts
John4C nailed it. At first I didn't know how simple to change and didn't purchase for that reason. The market had most colors available, however this was the only new yellow I could find. Once I understood easy to change caps and this one had majority of options, well obviously it came home. Ebay seller (at the time) had multiple of the OEM caps so it was a quick 'fix'.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Has those horrible mirror caps like mine came with. I assume the caps are what kept mine on the lot for a while and helped me negotiate price down, back when you could get massive discounts on new.

Orig
View attachment 118523

Corrected
View attachment 118524
...you do realize that AUDI used to charge BIG$$$$$$ for aluminum style mirror on select cars :p
@John4C forgot to mention that they are probably 'rarer' than the Italia Mirrors and is probably trying to scoop them up from you as we speak! 🙃

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
John4C knows better, I’m like a hoarder with everything around the 4C. I think I’m one up on him with an extra top, although he would just buy another 4C if needed.
How’d you get your hands on an extra top? That’s a great score. I am actively on the lookout for one now that I’m loaded up on spiders 😂

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Quick to request purchase when someone track wrecked a spider couple years back, was like a 5k miles or less car.
I found the thread :mad: ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts