Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Fernando Alonso, with a true Mclaren operation, attempting to get back into Indy, since they last fielded a car in the 1970s, has failed to qualify.

33 slots and he finished 34th. He had to run on Bump Day, being one of six cars trying for final three slots.

Mclaren looking a bit unprepared for the task, and turned to Andretti and others for last-minute help.

Two years ago, Andretti provided car and resources, with Mclaren rebadging it.

Anyway, turning left hard. Going in circles hard.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
@4C-ophe I hate all people and pick on everyone. Although, being that my life is very American-European, I tend to focus there.

I am genuinely kinder to those Down Under, but probably because I need to be safe somewhere as an outcast someday, when I'm done pissing off the rest of the world, and they're an interesting lot down there. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
@4C-ophe I hate all people and pick on everyone. Although, being that my life is very American-European, I tend to focus there.

I am genuinely kinder to those Down Under, but probably because I need to be safe somewhere as an outcast someday, when I'm done pissing off the rest of the world, and they're an interesting lot down there. :grin2:
Hey @Philster, you know New Zealand starts limiting their tourists. Must have heard of you coming :wink2:.
I'll be kind to you. Maybe one day we see each other there for the same reason >:).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm headed to Indy next week. And I love F1. Apples to oranges. But it gives something to argue over that isn't politics.

Schumacher who raced at the USGP in Indy said something like "Racing around here at those speeds with the concrete walls is crazy."

Either way it's a different skill set. Like arguing that football players are in better shape than basketball players.

But at least at Indy who is leading in turn 1 on the first lap isn't the automatic winner. :)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
^^I came to post that. My favorite part is how one of the critical runs was ruined by a suspension setup that was wrong because of messing up centimeters and inches conversions. The car was scraping and sparking.

The list goes on... steering wheel not sourced... day of practice missed because nobody bothered to paint the damn backup car!

Project Management fail.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts