Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting chart showing sales in 2020 and how the competition faired. Which would you choose if the 4C wasn't available ?

Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
TTRS

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
A110 if they sold it in the US, but they don't, so none of them. I'd rather go for a Caterham 7 or Ariel Atom, or maybe try to get a different kind of pleasure and get an old air-cooled G-Body 911.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Looks about right. BTW here are C8 numbers.

GM produced 46,580 C8 Corvettes over the first two model years (MY20/21). That number was extremely supply limited obviously but it's already over 5X the number of 4Cs that exist globally (or ~20X the number of 4Cs in the US).

·
Registered
784 Posts
For what I purchased the 4C for and for what is available in the US, I'm not sure I would have picked up any of those options. I already have a F-Type and love it. If the 4C wasn't available, I likely would have bought another race car.

That being said, if I didn't have the Jaguar F-Type or the 4C, the Supra would be at the top of my list from that list.

Reactions: ace

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think the exige is one of the few cars I would trade the 4C for.
Interesting numbers

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hmm, not sure how meaningful that chart is, but it is entertaining... If I was looking at a 4C would a F-Type, Audi TT or Nissan 370Z really be in the running?

The Lotus 330 would be the closest thing to the 4C, so that would be my second choice...

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
New kid on the block sells well.
Discontinued car with limited production, not so good.
Film at eleven!

It's an interesting graphic.
Alpine looks terrible because it has just come off being the "new kid on the block".
Nissan 370Z is only a decade old model with replacement finally coming out, so not a huge shock there.
Kind of the same for the F-type and Audi TT. It's had a few mid model refreshes, but the car has become pretty stale, especially at its price point.
Porsche sales volumes always surprise me, but so does their ability to get MSRP or often massive premiums on subscriber cars.

4C is the best looking car on the chart, though!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would choose either the Alpine or the Exige ,lightweight small engines, maybe the Jaguar is too grown up for me, the Porsche is a contender, no doubt bomb proof motoring

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, not sure how meaningful that chart is, but it is entertaining... If I was looking at a 4C would a F-Type, Audi TT or Nissan 370Z really be in the running?

The Lotus 330 would be the closest thing to the 4C, so that would be my second choice...
Re the lotus, 330 is the number sold, not the hp, I think they do a 350, 410 or 430

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry I meant Exige, not sure why I wrote 330... Too much time in the sun...
Unfortunately, we don't have any of those versions here in the US. I believe the graphic is discussing 2020 "new" cars in which the Alpine and Exige would not be accessible for US folks.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, we don't have any of those versions here in the US. I believe the graphic is discussing 2020 "new" cars in which the Alpine and Exige would not be accessible for US folks.
The new Nissan Z won’t be available in Europe due to emissions 😠

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Lotus Exige, never saw many on the road , the last one was black at a parking garage in downtown Houston, went over and checked it out and there was a pair of high 👠 in the car, I wanted to wait around until the driver came back, it's rare you find a girl like that.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Lotus Exige, never saw many on the road , the last one was black at a parking garage in downtown Houston, went over and checked it out and there was a pair of high 👠 in the car, I wanted to wait around until the driver came back, it's rare you find a girl like that.
It could’ve been a man, you never know, bet your wheels would be spinning then

·
Registered
138 Posts
Out of the listed cars, I would take the A110. I actually decided within 24 hours if I was getting the 4C or the A110.

My brain still thinks I should have gotten the Alpine. Way more usable, with a 7 speed gearbox and a proper interior, and way more luggage space. I would have gotten so much more use out of that than of the 4C, which mostly lies around and forces me to have at least a second car. My spec of choice was the Legende in Grey with comfort leather seats in brown. I could have had it new (and fully loaded) for the same price I got my 2018 4C for. I don't think it's even available any more in that spec right now, and they went up in price way faster than the 4C did. It would have been a better deal all-round.

If only the 4C wasn't that sexy.

EDIT: It's obviously my personal limit, based on the chart, but I will never understand someone who buys the current Supra. It's of bad taste.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts