Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I thought they said it was $90,000 in the one review.

i really want to see if anyone actually gets a sub $70,000 one.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Lots of people on the ‘Vette forums have ordered base cars just with the Z51 performance package, which makes it $67k.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If I wrapped the car in a white box and told you that I could sell you a mainstream car with legitimate performance stats as quoted in these reviews and promise you that it has a reliable drivetrain and looks great, for $88,000, what would you say then?
If the brand was anything other than GM, you might peak my interest.
With it being GM, due to personal experience I have detailed previously, it's still a hell no.

I also am not a fan of GT cars due to their size. I would prefer to go balls to the wall and rebuild a super sick and modernized Datsun 240Z for 1/3 the cost

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
With the prices of Datuns lately I don't know how you'd hit 1/3 the cost. You could even go over!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
True
Non rusted Bodies are demanding $20k+ but I still think I could snag 1 of those and do everything I wanted for under $30k total.

And the cost would not be all at once.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My 4C is currently the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
At this point in the ownership of every other vehicle, I have always had at least something minor that needed a fix or tweak.
The worst was a Mercedes Benz. That thing had more issues than all of my other cars combined.
The dealership at least did take good care of me, even though it was frustrating to be constantly driving a loaner vs the car I bought. They were good people and it was not their fault.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The 4C is simple and robust. Minimal toys. You paid for the good stuff . . . carbon fiber chassis, aluminum subframes front and rear to hold the engine and running gear, a proven engine (with more aluminum parts in the case of the 4C), oversized heat exchangers. Great on track. For everyday driving WAYYY overbuilt. Good stuff. +1, completely reliable.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It looks like the full-fat C8 is going to come in around £80-100k in the UK, so pricing is not as attractive as everyone initially thought.

The C8 is roughly 2 times more expensive than the 4C in the UK.

You can buy a brand-new Nissan GT-R for £70k, which has just as much road presence and will be faster point-to-point, especially in the wet. Give the GT-R a stage-1 remap for £700 and it will blow the C8 into the weeds.

Not to mention the small and bad-reputation Chevrolet dealer network in the UK right now. One of the biggest pains of McLaren ownership is that it is hard to find a good dealer.

In other words, the C8 -- in the UK -- does not look as good a package as it first appeared.

Let's see how the official pricing pans out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
UK will be their biggest export market worldwide ;)
Chevy is likely unconcerned about the European market, selling only 3300~ Corvettes between 2014-2018, which is a marginal amount when considering how many Corvettes are sold in the USA alone.
As reference, Chevy sold more Corvettes in 2014 than Alfa has sold total cars in the USA since 2014.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
I’m expecting every Ferrari wannabe owner getting their hands on this along with a jump in the number of these cars being wrapped around telegraph poles and tree trunks As large horsepower and mid-engine handling quirks take their toll. Interesting times ahead. More than the odd traffic light GP to ignore too.

261 - 280 of 301 Posts