Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 4c owner. Im trying to dial in my tire/wheel combo. Searched.

Thinking about running 275/35r18 Michelins in the rear. I am going custom made wheel so I would like to get the offset right on the first shot.

From what I observed most run 19" in the rear but it is irrelevant in terms of offset fitment. What would be the optimum offset to run a 275 tire in the rear?

Wheel im considering is a Forgestar cf5 18x9 or 18x9.5

·
Registered
373 Posts
Surely you will need 9.5” for 275 which is still ok in terms of wheel width at least. I have new wheels and tires coming, wheels are 8x18 and 9.5x19. Tires will be Michelin PSS 225/35R18 and 265/30R19. At least that’s the plan. But yeah, haven’t actually fitted it yet so can’t say if there could be any issues.

I recommend searching for threads as I have seen people putting tyres of this width on in various threads- even on stock wheels (!?)

also- wider is not necessarily better is a theme I’ve take from various threads- whether it’s balance or grip vs weight or just rolling resistance, aquaplaning etc there are several factors to consider.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,746 Posts
What tire/wheels are you using in front. Unless you can get wider tires in front that are same ratio as stock more or less you may be heading for a badly understeering car. Also....lot of drag and rotating mass increase may be an issue. If just for looks that is one thing but performance......be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts