Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 4C 3 years manufacture warranty is coming to an end. I just received an email that there is an option for me to extend for another 3 years covering up to 200,000kms for $3220. Currently I have done 5600kms over the past 3 years.

Just like to get people's thoughts whether it would be worthwhile to extend it or not. I do plan to hold on to it for the next 3 years.

Has anyone else taken up this option?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
From Parramatta Motor Group. Where I originally purchased the car from their Alfa dealership.
Do you know what the warranty covers? If it’s the same as the manufacturer warranty and you’ve not modded your car then I think that it’s probably good value. If my Giulietta wasn’t under warranty when I had the lambda sensor and cat issue it would have cost me over $6,000. Conversely, nothing has gone wrong with my 4C in 6.5 years.
Josh, who replaced Barry as their 4C tech, is pretty good. I have confidence in his ability at that dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know what the warranty covers? If it’s the same as the manufacturer warranty and you’ve not modded your car then I think that it’s probably good value. If my Giulietta wasn’t under warranty when I had the lambda sensor and cat issue it would have cost me over $6,000. Conversely, nothing has gone wrong with my 4C in 6.5 years.
Josh, who replaced Barry as their 4C tech, is pretty good. I have confidence in his ability at that dealership.
Thanks Alfanut. There is a 9 page detailed pdf, but I have just pasted below what they have summarised in the email....

Extended warranty coverage mirrors the benefits of your existing manufacturer's warranty across covered components up to today's market value of your motor vehicle*.
Anything covered as part of your manufacturer warranty will be covered with the exclusion of paint, panel and trim.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The warranty does not cover diagnostic fees. It is underwritten by an insurer and is not like a true manufacturer warranty.
Ask me how I know.

Whether you take it on or otherwise is a personal choice. Sometimes, you just need to self insure and take a risk. I recently added up my annual insurances and was shocked by the 6 figure amount.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes, for all my past cars, but never again. Fortunately, I am in a position where I can self insure car repairs, no matter how pricey (my wife drives a BMW).
Replacing a house or covering personal injury - different story - that's where money is better spent .

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
Thanks Alfanut. There is a 9 page detailed pdf, but I have just pasted below what they have summarised in the email....

Extended warranty coverage mirrors the benefits of your existing manufacturer's warranty across covered components up to today's market value of your motor vehicle*.
Anything covered as part of your manufacturer warranty will be covered with the exclusion of paint, panel and trim.
Warranty is like insurance…If it gives you peace of mind it’s worth it. By way of example, I only have third party property insurance on my two bikes just in case I hit a Rolls. (Comprehensive on the others). I’ve done this for the past 20 years and saved twice the purchase price of both bikes. One is about to go onto historic plates (in Nov) at which time I’ll transfer to comprehensive. It was a gamble that has paid off. You’ll only know if the extended warranty was worth it if you need to use it. I also think, being the cynic I am, that if PMG are offering you the extended warranty it shows you they are confident you won’t need it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warranty is like insurance…If it gives you peace of mind it’s worth it. By way of example, I only have third party property insurance on my two bikes Justin case I hit a Rolls. (Comprehensive on the others). I’ve done this for the past 20 years and saved twice the purchase price of both bikes. One is about to go onto historic plates (in Nov) at which time I’ll transfer to comprehensive. It was a gamble that has paid off. You’ll only know if the extended warranty was worth it if you need to use it. I also think, being the cynic I am, that if PMG are offering you the extended warranty it shows you they are confident you won’t need it.
Thanks Alfanut! I really appreciate both your and Knievil's feedback. It has really helped me make my decision which is to pass up on the offer. I think if any issues came up I should be okay to fund them myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts