Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

221 - 240 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
To get people to call the dealership, because dealership.
Sadly, I think you’re spot on. I don’t really get the point though sometimes. That dealer doesn’t have any other 4Cs so there nothing shift someone into.

Reactions: NortheastAlfaNut

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
MSRP of 83,040. We are looking at offers. Offers are being sent out to customers are 25k over currently. Let me know.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's pretty much where this thread is going to stop, however. You've made people aware that you have one, and we'll let that stand. But I sense that you are only here to plug these two cars which isn't what this forum is about.

GLWS, but back to our regular discussion...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not at all. Been talking with John4C in direct messages about his car and helping get info for his friends on their order status as well as his shipping status.

Someone had asked what the price was. Someone had also asked for a color comparison.

I am a 4C fan that happens to also sell Alfas. I will remove if you believe to be prudent.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Yes. @Mcleveland006 has been super helpful to me in tracking my car and those of some other members.

I understand the desire to not have this turn into a markup discussion but let’s not whip out the bans just yet if possible. He’s clearly an enthusiast who works at a dealer and not here simply to push cars etc.

Reactions: Dantes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not at all. Been talking with John4C in direct messages about his car and helping get info for his friends on their order status as well as his shipping status.

Someone had asked what the price was. Someone had also asked for a color comparison.

I am a 4C fan that happens to also sell Alfas. I will remove if you believe to be prudent.
Fair enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Why the mark ups? Is it really making any difference in the end other than pissing people off?

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
320 Posts
I don't mind the markups, it's the market working. I'm not penalized by not putting in an offer, they shouldn't be by offering something for what they think is the market price.

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
I don't mind the markups, it's the market working. I'm not penalized by not putting in an offer, they shouldn't be by offering something for what they think is the market price.
I do! It’s unregulated capitalism at work. If Alfa (Stellantis) set a recommended retail price that should be the price. Full stop. It’s just the dealers exploiting the speculator market and limited supply we saw at first release time repeating itself. I’ll check out our dealer (there’s only one in Sydney) some time in the coming week. I was going to do it a couple of weeks ago but the weather got in the way.

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
320 Posts
I do! It’s unregulated capitalism at work. If Alfa (Stellantis) set a recommended retail price that should be the price. Full stiop. It’s just the speculator market we saw at first release time repeating itself. I’ll check out our dealer some time in the coming week. I was going to do it a couple of weeks ago but the weather got in the way.
Oh no, unregulated capitalism! What do you think has brought about the greatest amount of quality of living? Also- speculating is not a bad thing- was me buying my car used instead of new (saving 30k dollars) a bad thing? Or is speculating only bad when it's driving up prices for something you want?

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
Tributo at a discount 😂

That is the base model stripper. Genesis is the dealer I use....VERY good company. This is not their Tributo which I believe is already sold.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
That is the base model stripper. Genesis is the dealer I use....VERY good company. This is not their Tributo which I believe is already sold.
The vin number is a Tributo. I believe that car has been sold for months though (at least that is what they have told people). It is normal btw for sold cars to show up on cars.com/autotrader etc. The dealer systems automatically generate the listings every time they get invoiced a vin number.

Reactions: RKBerta

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
I do! It’s unregulated capitalism at work. If Alfa (Stellantis) set a recommended retail price that should be the price. Full stop. It’s just the dealers exploiting the speculator market and limited supply we saw at first release time repeating itself. I’ll check out our dealer (there’s only one in Sydney) some time in the coming week. I was going to do it a couple of weeks ago but the weather got in the way.

Yeah, is jacking up the price on one car on the lot really going to make that much of a difference in their overall profit margin? Just hurts the reputation of the dealer, the last thing an Alfa dealer needs now.

221 - 240 of 367 Posts