Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

401 - 420 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rosso Alfa Launch Edition
26 Posts
Well fine sir , that is why what you are doing with documentation is important. Provenance and documentation is the key to telling the story 20 years from now.

We should do an official, as far as 4c forum goes, documentation of the Italia’s and tributo’s along with any kind of story associated with the purchase, adds to the romance in 20 years. (thinking of IPspeedster’s quest for Italian mirror’s
Would be amazing if we built a registry similar to the Porsche 356's Porsche356...

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Well fine sir , that is why what you are doing with documentation is important. Provenance and documentation is the key to telling the story 20 years from now.

We should do an official, as far as 4c forum goes, documentation of the Italia’s and tributo’s along with any kind of story associated with the purchase, adds to the romance in 20 years. (thinking of IPspeedster’s quest for Italian mirror’s
I have only about 4 or 5 of the Italia numbers. I’d love to get the rest somehow. I am trying to get the Tributo numbers and have 16 #s so far. We’ll see how it goes. I need the Canadian ones and the last few US cars. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Would be amazing if we built a registry similar to the Porsche 356's Porsche356...
Something like that is effectively what I am hoping to accomplish with the spec information I’ve been putting together. More to come on that 😉

Reactions: TargaFlorio

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
The reason you don't have those is they are apparently circling around in some tractor trailer between Halifax and TO lol
Seriously, what’s taking so long? 😂

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Think they replaced the Tractor Trailer Wheels with LUMACHE (snails) and gave the driver directions on a paper map in Yiddish!
Just be glad they didn't land in Montreal.
I've been trying to get stuff out of the port there since February.
Between labour disruptions and general corruption, nothing is moving.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Just be glad they didn't land in Montreal.
I've been trying to get stuff out of the port there since February.
Between labour disruptions and general corruption, nothing is moving.
:eek:
Is that not our equivalent of San Marino and don't you need "special paperwork" signed by our PM to get stuff out of that sovereignty?

·
Registered
322 Posts
@SouthWaterXRS Any idea when we can start getting tickets? And yes, we should all try to meet up there!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I stopped by the dealer to check out #1 and it does look nice. The wheels are less gold than I thought and more appealing in person IMHO. The red is pretty nice too but didn’t get to see it in full sunlight. In the shade it looks like a deeper wine color than the rosso competizone. I found it curious that the red carbon did not extend to the engine bay. They also didn’t use the carbon gauge cluster. Piano black on the bumper and diffuser looks fine but not sure it’s a real improvement over the matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
So I guess that settles that question. The red carbon fibre tub is actually a red lacquer sprayed normal carbon fibre tub.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
$200 for air in your tires?

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
So I guess that settles that question. The red carbon fibre tub is actually a red lacquer sprayed normal carbon fibre tub.
What did you think it was? Carbon fiber is only one color.
You can introduce aramid into the weave to have a dye-able element to give it color but then it’s not carbon fiber anymore.

Every manufacturer from Pagani to Mclaren is using colored CF the exact same way. It’s in the clear coat. There’s no other way to do it and retain the structural rigidity needed for the tub

A cosmetic piece could be in the weave using aramid hypothetically but really most anything you see in colored CF by any manufacturer is in the clear.

I’m confused why this ‘settled a question’. Like, no shit. Of course Alfa Romeo didn’t mine the earth and discover a new element (that would no longer be carbon) without telling anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
$200 for air in your tires?
Great deal, right? I’m going to ship mine to CA to get some of that special, CA air...

I also love the Elo BS no one wants and the protection BS. Like it’s only 50k over, let’s add some shit no one wants to get a bit more profit....

401 - 420 of 441 Posts