Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

421 - 440 of 441 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,036 Posts
I stopped by the dealer to check out #1 and it does look nice. The wheels are less gold than I thought and more appealing in person IMHO. The red is pretty nice too but didn’t get to see it in full sunlight. In the shade it looks like a deeper wine color than the rosso competizone. I found it curious that the red carbon did not extend to the engine bay. They also didn’t use the carbon gauge cluster. Piano black on the bumper and diffuser looks fine but not sure it’s a real improvement over the matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What? No carbon binnacle? Cancel my order. Isn't that just like Alfa, almost but not quite. The rest is left to the owner.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I think he was expecting the entire tub to be lacquered that way. I know I was as well.
Fair enough. I wasn’t expecting that because they don’t clear coat the engine bay on any of them. Hey the bottom of mine red and that’s more than I was expecting 👍🏻

(from a ton of factory overspray 😂😂)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
$200 for air in your tires?
That nitrogen fill and paint and fabric protection is BS. You can also do a LOT better on that GPS service. These special cars are an excuse for lots of expensive dealer additions and just a way for dealers to maximize the profit.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
What I really want are some pictures of the Tributo coupes. We don't get them in the US (same reason that we haven't been able to get coupes for a few years) but they are in a few markets...think Australia is getting some.

·
Super Moderator
9,036 Posts
What I really want are some pictures of the Tributo coupes. We don't get them in the US (same reason that we haven't been able to get coupes for a few years) but they are in a few markets...think Australia is getting some.
Not until 3rd or 4th quarter of this year. I understand the impatience to see one. Me too.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Reactions: hawkeye_a

·
Registered
438 Posts
What did you think it was? Carbon fiber is only one color.
You can introduce aramid into the weave to have a dye-able element to give it color but then it’s not carbon fiber anymore.

Every manufacturer from Pagani to Mclaren is using colored CF the exact same way. It’s in the clear coat. There’s no other way to do it and retain the structural rigidity needed for the tub

A cosmetic piece could be in the weave using aramid hypothetically but really most anything you see in colored CF by any manufacturer is in the clear.

I’m confused why this ‘settled a question’. Like, no shit. Of course Alfa Romeo didn’t mine the earth and discover a new element (that would no longer be carbon) without telling anyone.

Well, apparently CF can now be more than one colour. Was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Some wondered if this new technique had been applied to the Tributo but I think everyone just agreed in the end it was probably in the clearcoat. Now we know for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Well, apparently CF can now be more than one colour. Was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Some wondered if this new technique had been applied to the Tributo but I think everyone just agreed in the end it was probably in the clearcoat. Now we know for sure.
Look at what that’s referencing. Prodrive publicized that with zero technical support, no patent, nothing, in April 2013. It’s been 8 years. Has any colored CF been produced since then? Nope. It’s all dyed aramid (plastic). That’s just bad info being perpetuated tbh.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Look at what that’s referencing. Prodrive publicized that with zero technical support, no patent, nothing, in April 2013. It’s been 8 years. Has any colored CF been produced since then? Nope. It’s all dyed aramid (plastic). That’s just bad info being perpetuated tbh.
It took a 2 minute Google search to discover a company producing colored CF

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
It took a 2 minute Google search to discover a company producing colored CF

Clearly an industry pioneer with their 196 Instagram followers 🙄

That’s plastic (aramid). Says right on the website cosmetic parts. There isn’t a structural weave that can be colored.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Back in the 1970's the COOL GUY on the street had his Mother's NOMAD (yes his Mom RIP, drove a stick Nomad for groceries and a GTO to go play Briscola -card game- on Thursday nights) painted Candy Apple Red (32 coats!!) and it reminded of this shade:

Well those were the days of 'lead' paint, oh wait, can I still say that without being cancelled or put on an International Watch List?
I had not thought about that stunning colour until I saw the pearl Audis and then again today where I spewed out CANDY APPLES!!!!!!

Excuse the dirt, they were not prepped yet ..

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Miss mine - I assume this means they’re making progress though

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
@John4C Missing mine, too. I talked to them today - the PPF is done, now they’re working on the ceramic coating. Should be ready by Wednesday but....it can’t get wet for three days after it’s done. And....it’s a rainy week here in Chicagoland. 😩😩
You should have it back soon then! I need to call mine. I meant to today actually but didn’t get to it. I’m hoping to have it by the end of the week but idk.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
I don't care what you guys say...but do you think a Shelby Pen can work on an Alfa Italia?

View attachment 117170
Think I prefer mine ;) Got it and the embossed pen case from ALFA as a new owner perk for my 2015 LE. This was in addition to the leather luggage tags.

421 - 440 of 441 Posts