Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran down to the Air Mobility Command Museum on Dover AFB for open cockpit today.

When walking through the museum I pointed to the Sperry Ball from the B-17 & B-24 aircraft, told wife I never want to hear a complaint about riding in the 4C. The guys that occupied these things apparently spent on average 8 hours cramped up in negative 40 degree temperatures.

The 4C cabin is so spacious and luxurious comparatively, I can't see why anyone would complain on seating or ammeneties.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
I know what you mean, having just had a head MRI scan the 4C cabin is cavernous :)

...Although the noises are similar lol
This is true, although one is more fun...

Did your wife insist you have your head examined after buying a 4C? :D

Ran down to the Air Mobility Command Museum on Dover AFB for open cockpit today.

When walking through the museum I pointed to the Sperry Ball from the B-17 & B-24 aircraft, told wife I never want to hear a complaint about riding in the 4C. The guys that occupied these things apparently spent on average 8 hours cramped up in negative 40 degree temperatures.

The 4C cabin is so spacious and luxurious comparatively, I can't see why anyone would complain on seating or amenities.
Yup. Plus the idea of not being shot at in the 4C appeals!
;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.

·
Registered
884 Posts
This is true, although one is more fun...

Did your wife insist you have your head examined after buying a 4C? :D

Yup. Plus the idea of not being shot at in the 4C appeals!
;)
Haha, yes she wanted to check I have a brain, she knows I have a heart, that's what I bought the 4C with :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.
I can definitely understand that poem as well after seeing these things. Hard to believe their flight suit kept them at all warm in those things at altitude. To think the amount of noise that must have been in there when firing.

One more reason to appreciate and respect those of you that served in any branch of the United States Armed Forces.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
And the rounds they had to defend themselves sitting in those turrets...

I believe they had about 60 seconds of trigger time. So, in bursts, you have enough rounds to last just 60 seconds of firing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My father-in-law was one of those gunners. He got the job because he was small enough to fit. He didn't talk about the war much, at least not with me. But it did really shake him up mentally. He is Italian-American and his missions were over Italy. He has since passed but we will never forget him as a father, and as a man who fought for our country.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We need a 4C complaint sub forum, so all the posts worth ignoring can easily be ignored.

Threads:

Too cramped
Too noisy
Too loud
Too hard to turn
Too hard to ingress/egress
Too red
Too yellow
Too low
Too darty
Too Italian
Etc
Don't forget the "I would buy one but it's a DCT" or "I was going to buy one until I found out no manual transmission".

How soon till those stupid excuses gone, hoping soon with the C8 not having manual.

Article on jalopnik and of course numerous buyers ready for 4C except not manual..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts