Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am located in the U.S., so I am not as up to date on the latest Alfa products, but it is my understanding that the 4C engine is used in the Giulietta (am I correct?).

What have the tuners managed to extract from the engine via ECU upgrades (a "remap" for British readers)? I am used to a vibrant tuning community in the VW/Audi world.

I am hopeful that an ECU upgrade could net an additional 30 hp and 45 lb ft of torque?? Then we can add more gains from a free-flowing exhaust?

·
Registered
26 Posts
DrG said:
I am located in the U.S., so I am not as up to date on the latest Alfa products, but it is my understanding that the 4C engine is used in the Giulietta (am I correct?).

What have the tuners managed to extract from the engine via ECU upgrades (a "remap" for British readers)? I am used to a vibrant tuning community in the VW/Audi world.

I am hopeful that an ECU upgrade could net an additional 30 hp and 45 lb ft of torque?? Then we can add more gains from a free-flowing exhaust?
I can guarantee that would be possible. Just about anything with a turbo can be ECU tweaked to ratchet up the boost. Of course, don't expect Alfa to honour your warranty when you blow it up and/or break something in the driveline. :s

·
Registered
502 Posts
DrG said:

Hi DrG. I have a GQV which is tuned via ECU and we managed to get some great figures 302bhp and 389nm. This is achieved with a Down Pipe and Filter as well. So the motor can definitely handle.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The only issue from what I understand is the TTC transmission that cannot take more torque

·
Registered
26 Posts
deppi0 said:
The only issue from what I understand is the TTC transmission that cannot take more torque
Which is a significant consideration.

No doubt that the engine can take it, but the transmission is probably going to be the weakest link. As I said...if you can afford to throw your warranty away, go for it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
As Deppi0 said.. The problem will be the TCT transmission..

The fact that its max torque is 350 is part of the reason that the Giulietta QV has not been fitted with the TCT yet...

I believe the TCT can handle 350torque in the diesel Giuliettas but not enough testing has been done on the petrol engine that produces 350torque

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's already possible to upgrade the TCT transmission on a Giulietta QV?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The facelifted 2014 Giulietta QV will have the 4C driveline with alu block and TCT. No cars delivered yet as far as I know though.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thats correct.. Will only go on sale officially in March 2014 it seems. Looks like the GQV with TCT will be launched at Geneva.

Rumour has it the TCT can handle 400 torque.. But for reliability sake AR is sticking to 350.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats correct.. Will only go on sale officially in March 2014 it seems. Looks like the GQV with TCT will be launched at Geneva.

Rumour has it the TCT can handle 400 torque.. But for reliability sake AR is sticking to 350.
True, Pogea have came back with a fairly detailed technical response on their website. The 350Nm limit probably has a significant factor of safety on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts

An old thread, but it's difficult to get past the nagging doubt of going much over that 350Nm figure.

Found that Pogea blog post mentioned above and they were talking 450Nm potential. Local to me is Alfaworkshop's actual 420Nm in their torque-centric clone (Alfa 4C Remap). They said their current development on their next stage product was up to 450Nm with track days under its belt without issue.

Looking good, but recent risk assessment training isn't helping ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts