Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are really excited about our latest project - bespoke fitted luggage for the 4C. As you are all aware, luggage space in the 4C has always been a challenge. Alfa offered a wheeled hard sided bag that fit the trunk but wasn't really what most people had in mind when they thought of fitted luggage. We made sure our sets matched the pleating pattern on the 4C seats, and engineered them to use every square inch of available space.

This is actually something I have been working on for a number of years, but decided long ago I wouldn't proceed unless we could find a manufacturer that would make them to our high standards. Fortunately that finally happened and are now able to offer these sets. Honestly, and it's not very often I get to say this, these turned even better than I originally envisioned when we commissioned the product!

The sets are comprised of one long lower case and two smaller bags that fit on top of the long case. This effectively uses up 99% of the available space in the trunk. The cases are semi-rigid and fit the contours of the trunk perfectly. They are lined inside and all of the materials used give them a really premium feel.

We are offering these in extremely soft Italian Leather or premium Vinyl.

The first production set is here now, and we have a number of sets incoming (estimated delivery 3-4 weeks) in the most popular color combination - Black with Red Stitching. Other color combinations are all available for custom order, such as Black with White Stitching, Black with Yellow stitching, Black with Black stitching, all Red, and "Tobacco".

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Wow those are really nice! Now I just need a destination and better weather to create a need!

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice design and great for optimum storage, does the tyre kit still fit or do you put that in the cab?
The luggage uses up the entire trunk, so the tire kit wouldn't fit outside of the bags.

The tire kit can fit nicely in the bottom case, which was sort of how we envisioned the set: the bottom case being harder to access would be for essentials, tools, or things you might need once you get where you are going. The two smaller cases, aka "overnight bags", are for things you need along the way.

It's still not a lot of space, hopefully the luggage can help you make the most of it or at least look good.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Interesting timing for you to drop these. I had planned on stuffing a couple of bags I have with clothes just to see how they'd fit back there this week after service.

Pricing seems very fair. One suggestion I have would be to include D rings on at least the larger bag at opposite corners of the handles as a provision for a shoulder strap so all three pieces can be schlepped from the car at one time. Some reinforcement may be needed, but less so than attaching elsewhere on the bag.

I personally would have preferred ballistic nylon instead of vinyl for the less expensive option.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
Nice....however, with Covid we aren't going anywhere for awhile :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I need to see pictures of the Tobacco bags, please. You might just have a sale...
Please don’t encourage him. If he posts those pics then I’ll end up with a set of these too.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
Those bags are roughly $2,400 in our money. Just too pricey for me. On any trip I need space for a few tools, spare oil and the funnel kit too.
One could always place the tools, oil, tire repair kit, funnel kit in one of the smaller cases and save the other two for your clothing, etc. See how I am removing the reason for you to NOT to get a set Alfanut 🤣

I agree these are pretty cool but a little pricey....but imagine how much these would cost of they came from ALFA :rolleyes: Figure I can just get some cheaper soft bags and sew on an ALFA emblem....but.....on the other hand.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I received my Launch Edition it came with a luggage bag made of leather and wearing the same limited edition badge as my car. This bag is made by Alfa for the 4C trunk and gives you (and the wife) a perfect idea of how much luggage can be taken in the car. We have used it several times.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I received my Launch Edition it came with a luggage bag made of leather and wearing the same limited edition badge as my car. This bag is made by Alfa for the 4C trunk and gives you (and the wife) a perfect idea of how much luggage can be taken in the car. We have used it several times.
That's cool. I have never seen one and our LE (#109) certainly didn't come with one. I'd like to see a photo if you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,041 Posts
That's cool. I have never seen one and our LE (#109) certainly didn't come with one. I'd like to see a photo if you get a chance.
I think it made a difference if you were one of the early first buyers and also which country you were in. I understand that some of the LEs came with a day at an advanced drivers school also. I think that was mostly in Europe. I got the nice leather luggage tags and a carbon fiber pen a few weeks after I bought the car but suspect all the new owners during that period got those. That leather luggage set from ALFA would be an awesome one to have...especially if it had the LE number on it. Photos would be neat.
Have any of our other members gotten the luggage or the track day?

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the nice leather luggage tags and a carbon fiber pen a few weeks after I bought the car but suspect all the new owners during that period got those.
This is what we got as well. I think there was a leather notebook too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry for replying late - I was traveling. Attached are a few pics; I also received a 1/18 scale model of my matte white LE on a stand with my name and a limitation plaque according to my LE number. Then there was a diary of my cars building process and a carbon fiber keyring and a USB stick. And other stuff as well as the driver school which I did not attend though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts