Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
I have never worried about taking the 4C into heavy traffic, although I do try to avoid it if possible. Still lovin' my favourite back roads.:grin2:

AlfaArnold
Last week I took my Sud out for a rego inspection then to pick up my son from school. On the way home some idiot in a Hilux coming in the opposite direction turned right directly in front of me. I hit the brakes hard, locked the fronts momentarily then swerved right to avoid and recovered. A least he waved an apology after taking another year or two off my life. It was a very close call and a reminder to always take the 147 on the commuting duties. My Sud and 4C are irreplaceable, not to mention my son.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I hate the 4C in LA
I love the 4C in Vegas

The difference is the traffic and the condition of the roads. LA streets a like a war zone. LA traffic is a nightmare.

The car you want in LA is some kind of cushy SUV that isolates you from bad roads, boring traffic jams, and stupid drivers. That's not a 4c.

Also, my dealer is 15 minutes away in Vegas. In LA it's 90 minutes away or more, depending on traffic. On what planet does that makes sense?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hate the 4C in LA
I love the 4C in Vegas

The difference is the traffic and the condition of the roads. LA streets a like a war zone. LA traffic is a nightmare.

The car you want in LA is some kind of cushy SUV that isolates you from bad roads, boring traffic jams, and stupid drivers. That's not a 4c.

Also, my dealer is 15 minutes away in Vegas. In LA it's 90 minutes away or more, depending on traffic. On what planet does that makes sense?
Agreed. As fun as the car is, the feeling of discomfort and annoyance comes on rapidly when you're moving slowly with traffic. These cars are meant to be on an open, un-congested road!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts