Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker (and owner), first time poster. As much as I love my Madreperla LE, I don't have enough time (thanks to a toddler and a newborn) to enjoy my 4C as much as it deserves to be driven. Debating whether to submit it to one of the big online auctions sites or just to list it privately. It's a 2015 Madreperla Launch Edition with approximately 2,500 miles on it. No accidents and clean title. Pretty mint all around with the exception of a minor scratch on the front right bumper and slight surface scratches on the driver side door, neither of which you would notice standing two feet away from the car.

Hoping to tap into the collective wisdom of this forum to get a sense of the fair market value of my car.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Wow that’s a low mile white LE. Are you the original owner? What’s the LE number? Is it an LE with the factory PPF? Timing belt service done? Is the dash leather sagging or still tight like new?

All that stuff will play into value (maybe not the number, that’s me being curious, lol). Honestly, the 4C market has been soft for the past 3-6 months IMHO. Lots of the same inventory sitting around. The real question I would ask is how motivated are you to sell it? They made a lot of LEs but the MP white is the rarest LE. You have what sounds like a gem of a 4C. I’d love to see it go to someone who appreciates it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Makes me wonder what my MP 4C LE is worth...
  1. Will hit 80k miles by this weekend
  2. 3rd owner
  3. Dash still tight
  4. Factory PPF that has served me well :giggle:
  5. ...and too many aftermarket modifications :sneaky:

Morning guys.

I would think yours would be anywhere in between 35 and 50k$, of course depending on service history, mods etc etc. The current market is a definitely a seller's market 😊 At my shop Scuderia110, we are preparing a Rosso LE #034 for sale with 66k miles on it. Few mods and exceptional service records, whole car PPF, etc. We're expecting close to $50k.. Atleast that's what we're hoping for 😅

Long time lurker (and owner), first time poster. As much as I love my Madreperla LE, I don't have enough time (thanks to a toddler and a newborn) to enjoy my 4C as much as it deserves to be driven. Debating whether to submit it to one of the big online auctions sites or just to list it privately. It's a 2015 Madreperla Launch Edition with approximately 2,500 miles on it. No accidents and clean title. Pretty mint all around with the exception of a minor scratch on the front right bumper and slight surface scratches on the driver side door, neither of which you would notice standing two feet away from the car.

Hoping to tap into the collective wisdom of this forum to get a sense of the fair market value of my car.

Thanks in advance!

What it comes to the discussion starters LE... The market is so nuts right now that I wouldn't be surprised if you would get something in between 80 and 90k$. IF the posting is done right.. I mean professional photoshoot and maybe listing it on BaT or similar site. Of course everything depends on the records and overall condition. Even though you're only has 2500 miles, there should be quite a few services in the history.. Including timing belt and a monocoque torque service since those are also time based services. Regardless, there will always be a collector who would love to add a vehicle like yours onto their collection.

Where are you located? We could help with the possible sale if needed 😊

Thank and have a good one guys!

-Harri
Scuderia110

·
Registered
181 Posts
More evidence of sports car sellers market (less of a buyers market): In December 2021 my local Austin Porsche dealer offered me what I paid for my 2019 Cayman GTS ($89,000) with 7,000 miles. Last week I got another offer letter- this time for $76,000. My car still has about 7,000 miles.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree with AlfaNY, I think between $80k and $90k. I just saw my first in-person grey MC20 in a Maserati showroom yesterday, and that is $250k, and they are all sold, including next years allocation. It seems to me a lot of people consider the MC20 a loose cousin of the 4C, and some say the relationship is closer than that. No longer an overlap, but usually the same dealer also. Although it is seriously more refined in appearance, I think that tide (MC20) lifts all related (4C) boats, if you will. I, for one, would take the 4C at $80k over the MC20 at $250k.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There was a Tributo with very low miles that sold few days ago for $117k. I know Tributo and LE are not the same but still. There is not too many low mileage LE's left in a good condition.

You guys seem to understand the LE market. But $80,000+ USD? My gut does not believe that.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Wow I should said a number before people started going off with the unrealistic stuff 😂

You guys seem to understand the LE market. But $80,000+ USD? My gut does not believe that.
They’re miles off. Definitely well intentioned but that’s not the market at all.

There was a Tributo with very low miles that sold few days ago for $117k. I know Tributo and LE are not the same but still. There is not too many low mileage LE's left in a good condition.
Not the same thing at all. Apples and oranges. Tributo has been holding ~$120k for over a year. It’s the collector 4C, LE is the most common 4C with no real collectible value.

People are struggling to sell 20k mile LEs for $50k. I know several guys that have taken listings down out of frustration. There are lots of list prices for high amountbut those area aren’t selling. 80-90k is comedy. Only one non-Tributo has sold above sticker in the past 3 years and it was actually a 2018 five option coupe that sold above sticker in 2020. Nothing else has gone above sticker yet.

@RedM I didn’t give a price because my questions matter. The dash condition is critical. Your car should get ~57.5k to ~67.5k but it depends greatly on condition, service, and the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
More evidence of sports car sellers market (less of a buyers market): In December 2021 my local Austin Porsche dealer offered me what I paid for my 2019 Cayman GTS ($89,000) with 7,000 miles. Last week I got another offer letter- this time for $76,000. My car still has about 7,000 miles.
Yes exactly. The market peaked months ago is going down. It’s still elevated but not close to what it was. Frankly, I was disappointed with that Tributo sale. It should’ve been more. 6 months ago (or on BAT) it would’ve been.

Here’s one that might give you an indication: LINK. Obviously the value is in the eye of the beholder (color, spec, miles, condition)
Yes. This is reality. Beautiful car that he struggled to sell. I think it ultimately sold (I’m not sure if it even did but he took the listing down). He had it on Autotrader for 59.5 for at least a month before removing the listing

Reactions: Rick R

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow I should said a number before people started going off with the unrealistic stuff 😂

They’re miles off. Definitely well intentioned but that’s not the market at all.

Not the same thing at all. Apples and oranges. Tributo has been holding ~$120k for over a year. It’s the collector 4C, LE is the most common 4C with no real collectible value.

People are struggling to sell 20k mile LEs for $50k. I know several guys that have taken listings down out of frustration. There are lots of list prices for high amountbut those area aren’t selling. 80-90k is comedy. Only one non-Tributo has sold above sticker in the past 3 years and it was actually a 2018 five option coupe that sold above sticker in 2020. Nothing else has gone above sticker yet.

@RedM I didn’t give a price because my questions matter. The dash condition is critical. Your car should get ~57.5k to ~67.5k but it depends greatly on condition, service, and the dash.
Like I said, the Tributo and LE are not the same.. Maybe it was wrong for me to bring up the Tributo value with this topic since we are talking about LE's.. yes the Tributo was made to be a collectors item and LE wasn't. On my opinion a very low miles LE is very collectable and I would add one on my collection if I were in a position of doing so.

I'm basing my "value predictions" on my own experiences. Just few months back one of my customers just sold his Pearl LE Coupe with 14k miles for $78k. Also when I look at the internal dealer whole sale pricing and auction history, I feel that I'm pretty close on the values that I was talking about. Not saying anything has sold above sticker but the prices are pretty "high" compared of what they were few years back.

Regardless, by end of the day a 4C (and anything else) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 😊

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Like I said, the Tributo and LE are not the same.. Maybe it was wrong for me to bring up the Tributo value with this topic since we are talking about LE's.. yes the Tributo was made to be a collectors item and LE wasn't. On my opinion a very low miles LE is very collectable and I would add one on my collection if I were in a position of doing so.

I'm basing my "value predictions" on my own experiences. Just few months back one of my customers just sold his Pearl LE Coupe with 14k miles for $78k. Also when I look at the internal dealer whole sale pricing and auction history, I feel that I'm pretty close on the values that I was talking about. Not saying anything has sold above sticker but the prices are pretty "high" compared of what they were few years back.

Regardless, by end of the day a 4C (and anything else) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 😊
Not meant to be argumentative at all (hope you didn't interpret like that). Love your threads Harri - just this morning the cam belt trick was awesome stuff.

I just speak from knowing lots of people trying to sell and many are genuinely frustrated with the process (especially right now). The buyer pool is much smaller right now than it was 6-9 months ago with the current macro economic overlay.

Your customer getting 78k for a 14k mile LE is an aberration. That's really somewhat crazy (to me). Good for him/her. I havent even seen a dealer list a LE that high.

I think the best comp for @RedM 's car is this

Similarly clean, 4k mile MP White LE, sold for 61.5k back in March, and honestly the car market overall was higher then. The most a LE has sold for at auction is 63.5k for a 1,600 mile one on BAT September 2021 (maybe peak car market craziness). That's the ballpark I think is realistic.

As you astutely mentioned, market price is where willing seller meets willing buyer, on a one off scenario that can be pretty much anywhere, looking at the market overall, I think it's closer to the 50s than the 70s for this car (right now). Again that is pending the condition, if the dash is delaminated it's obviously less, etc.

Reactions: AlfaNY

·
Registered
164 Posts

If I ever want to sell I will be reaching out to you to find me a buyer! I'd say that's and end of the rainbow number but I believe you'd have to find the end of the rainbow and then start walking to get to 78k for an LE with 14k miles.

Just so you know I have a 17 with Akra, CF roof, CF interior in tri-coat red. In case someone wants to offer me 100k :LOL:

You are the best @AlfaNY so I hope you take this all in the good nature it was intended. I appreciate all the insight you give us DIYers that are waaaaay too far from NY to use you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No genitals hurting here 😂

I think our disagreement with @John4C is coming from him seeing the bigger picture and the whole market. While my visions are different since I'm basing my market values on what we I have personally seen and even maybe over fantasizing the condition of these vehicles (I'm so anal that my cars for sale are being waxed underneath and all other not necessary stupid stuff lol). Also a part of it is me thinking of some of my customers who has no issue with paying over market value for a vehicle which is in flawless condition.

Again, no hard feelings on my part. On my opinion this is "argument" is healthy rather than a nuisance lol.

I'll go back to polishing this #34 LE so I can keep masturbating with the idea of us selling the 4C for close to 50k$ 😂😂

·
Registered
311 Posts
🤔Have none of you friends ever seen the price situation in Italy?
💸

1 - 20 of 41 Posts