Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to learn Blender during the lockdown to do 3D printing for cosplay stuff but then wanted to see what the 4C would look like with Giulia wheels. Got carried away and added my dream 4C items:
  • Gated manual shifter (idek how to drive stick very well :| )
  • Analog gauges
  • or Audi style instrument cluster
  • True convertible
  • Huge brakes
I will probably be spamming this thread with new renders (most of these are old versions) as I get better at this. I couldn't find detailed reference images for the interior so they're like 99% eyeballed and I wanted to experiment here anyway. I'm also sure the engine and soft-top mechanism would need more clearance on the convertible than what I put but I was a noob and saved over my low poly version by accident so changes at this point would be messy and I'm now lazy.

This took a little over a month after a month of getting the hang of Blender and I've been doing little tweaks since like exterior lights, little hoses on the brakes and textures.

Last thing, I've since figured out a better paint node formula for red (not shown in the above render).

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I wanted to learn Blender during the lockdown to do 3D printing for cosplay stuff but then wanted to see what the 4C would look like with Giulia wheels. Got carried away and added my dream 4C items:
  • Analog gauges
  • True convertible
  • Huge brakes
I will probably be spamming this thread with new renders (most of these are old versions) as I get better at this. I couldn't find detailed reference images for the interior so they're like 99% eyeballed and I wanted to experiment here anyway. I'm also sure the engine and soft-top mechanism would need more clearance on the convertible than what I put but I was a noob and saved over my low poly version by accident so changes at this point would be messy and I'm now lazy.

This took a little over a month after a month of getting the hang of Blender and I've been doing little tweaks since like exterior lights, little hoses on the brakes and textures.

View attachment 119615 View attachment 119616 View attachment 119618 View attachment 119619 View attachment 119620 View attachment 119623 View attachment 119624
View attachment 119627
View attachment 119628
View attachment 119630

Last thing, I've since figured out a better paint node formula for red (not shown in the above render).
These are absolutely stunning , especially the convertable.... WOW

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nice!!! So now do a hardcore/cyberpunk 4c ala K Saleem? And then an offroad style one, and then a crazy engine swap one, post on artstation, Instagram! Really good job keeping proportion and clean clips/material with the changes to the 3d model.

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
  • Analog gauges
  • True convertible
  • Huge brakes

View attachment 119615 View attachment 119616 View attachment 119618 View attachment 119619 View attachment 119620 View attachment 119623 View attachment 119624
View attachment 119627
View attachment 119628
View attachment 119630

Brilliant work!

·
Registered
752 Posts
All great improvements in my eye. The spider is nice, and fills the intent correctly for what Alfa was trying to do, but the design you have looks great!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Impressive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments! I'm also interested in character modeling and rigging too so I added in an early character I made in CC3 (my new ones are way better). Things would be so much faster if I could upgrade my RTX 2080 to a 3090 with its 24GB but anyways, here are a few more images.

I wanna start making mods like body kits, exhaust tips to see how they would look, but I have too many ideas and at the same time the laziness is creeping in. I almost didn't even make this post, but I figured people on here at least might wanna see them.

Speedometer Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks for all the kind comments! I'm also interested in character modeling and rigging too so I added in an early character I made in CC3 (my new ones are way better). Things would be so much faster if I could upgrade my RTX 2080 to a 3090 with its 24GB but anyways, here are a few more images.

I wanna start making mods like body kits, exhaust tips to see how they would look, but I have too many ideas and at the same time the laziness is creeping in. I almost didn't even make this post, but I figured people on here at least might wanna see them.

View attachment 119740
View attachment 119742 View attachment 119743
View attachment 119744

View attachment 119745
View attachment 119746
View attachment 119747
View attachment 119748
View attachment 119749 View attachment 119750
And where does your character think she'll fit all her shopping into? Did she swap a flat four or 13b and add a clear lexan "el camino"-style bed under that tonneau? Haha thanks for sharing this awesomeness

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,486 Posts
Especially like the analog instruments although many would see that as retro and not the latest screen display. If the intent was to have a real convertible top....that would not be possible I would think....no storage area for when it is down and while you have the "place" for it....don't think it would blend into the car. Would like to see a rendering with a convertible top though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts