Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

2461 - 2480 of 2512 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
Maybe it looks better in person

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
IMo, the original design was too derivative of Gordon Murray's elise (a largely ~1965-1980 design, so, dated and out of place for 2012), leaving the newer "retro" elements really disjointed, like the headlights are on floor two while the vents are on ground floor at a time everything beautiful (see Bugatti, LaFerrari, heck, even Mazda for the "cheaper") has the headlights on a "mezzanine" (if that makes sense).
Had they integrated the whole headlight (cover) into the fender, and filled some space with an aerodynamic element/shape from the hood, it would have cost less, been lighter, and even, been easier/cheaper to repair. Take the BAC Mono's for example: beautiful, but lego-set-easy. Same exact Magneti Marelli HID/Hella Halogen hardware. Also arguable adds plenty more downforce opportunities on a superlight that does better than 110mph because, oh yeah, it was built this century!
Anyways, here's a taste of my reference images for my custom headlights I'm doing over the "40":

·
Registered
117 Posts
In this perspective the 4C looks huge (long) 😮 View attachment 106333
Nice spider!

Every 4c with a race exhaust i noticed the right exhaust tip hangs out more compared to the other one.. (mine inc.)
More people with the race exhaust got this problem???
Kind regards

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Nice spider!

Every 4c with a race exhaust i noticed the right exhaust tip hangs out more compared to the other one.. (mine inc.)
Kind regards
Hey mine does the same, now I will look at this every time I look at my car :oops:

Not sure it's really a 'problem' though

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,974 Posts
Nice spider!

Kind regards
Just checked mine...mine are same on both sides. Maybe it is an optical illusion depending where you stand to see it.

2461 - 2480 of 2512 Posts