Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 2512 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Oh no another excuse to distract myself from work and go and look at my car

I had to go into the office yesterday. Not many people in when I got there o_O

Hmmmm, empty parking lot + cones + 4C. Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?
Instant Auto-cross kit! Just add fun (and a stopwatch).
:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just checked mine...mine are same on both sides. Maybe it is an optical illusion depending where you stand to see it.
Strange - my spider as well as my coupe both have the same difference with the right exhaust hanging out a little more than the left one. Surely no optical illusion - very obvious to see.
Maybe an exclusive European style by Alfa? 🤪

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Strange - my spider as well as my coupe both have the same difference with the right exhaust hanging out a little more than the left one. Surely no optical illusion - very obvious to see.
Maybe an exclusive European style by Alfa? 🤪
My standard exhaust (muffler version) had the same characteristic too.

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
The mis-alignment is just a factor of how the tailpipe "Y" is pushed onto the midpipe, and the way things are hanging back there. It's all quite flexible. Bet you can fix it with a half hour or so under the car, if you cared enough. Might even cure the drone. I'll have to look closer at my red car, but the white one had a race-exhaust-ectomy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It really looks "neat". I have not heard the word neat used like that in quite a while. I can tell that you are a fellow baby boomer. 🙂

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
67 Posts
It looks fantastic, as does the car, naturally. We always make a point of visiting places like that when we are abroad, and forget that we have so many beautiful buildings in the UK.

I was at a different place of worship on Friday - Jamie's Alfa Workshop. I had intermediate blocks installed, plus the stage 1 ECU replacement. Very pleased! The increased power and torque is more noticeable than I thought it would be. The tramlining is reduced a lot, but not cured. My next step will be to swap the Pirellis for Michelins.

There were a few 4cs already in there when I arrived. White seems to be the new red as far as 4cs go....

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It looks fantastic, as does the car, naturally. We always make a point of visiting places like that when we are abroad, and forget that we have so many beautiful buildings in the UK.

I was at a different place of worship on Friday - Jamie's Alfa Workshop. I had intermediate blocks installed, plus the stage 1 ECU replacement. Very pleased! The increased power and torque is more noticeable than I thought it would be. The tramlining is reduced a lot, but not cured. My next step will be to swap the Pirellis for Michelins.

There were a few 4cs already in there when I arrived. White seems to be the new red as far as 4cs go....

I was there only in March just before lockdown. Ben is really helpful.

I have just swapped back to my silver wheels (with the Pirellis) from Michelins on my OZs and the difference is very significant. With Michelins the car is so straight and planted, I have no blocks or anything, with the Pirellis the car is all over and feels much lighter, it can go left to right to left in space of half a second. To me I don't mind it too much, it just wakes me up a bit.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
67 Posts
I was there only in March just before lockdown. Ben is really helpful.

I have just swapped back to my silver wheels (with the Pirellis) from Michelins on my OZs and the difference is very significant. With Michelins the car is so straight and planted, I have no blocks or anything, with the Pirellis the car is all over and feels much lighter, it can go left to right to left in space of half a second. To me I don't mind it too much, it just wakes me up a bit.
Thats good to hear, I will definitely make the swap at some point.
I hear what you’re saying about the wake up though. I am just selling my motorbike because I don’t get out much on it, and a friend had a nasty accident on his bike recently that left him unable to walk for two months (He seems ok now, thankfully) . The 4c feels a bit like going out on the bike - more raw, and exciting than just “getting in the car”. I don’t want to dial out too much of that.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
67 Posts
I took my wife out for a drive in the 4c ( God, I spoil that woman :rolleyes:) today. We ended up outside Audley End, near Saffron Walden in Essex (England).

Obviously it wasn't open, but it was a great drive there anyway. Apart from the bl***y cyclists. If I had a pound for every cyclist we had to pass I would be able to pay for the new exhaust I want! Then again, I started my day with a cycle ride myself so I shouldn't complain.

2481 - 2500 of 2512 Posts