Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

2741 - 2750 of 2750 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love it - a REAL MINI. Back from when they were actually, well, mini.
I have a friend near Whitchurch who has a few - does hill climbs and goes to meets around the UK and beyond. MG's too.
When do the cars usually emerge from their winter slumber, where you are?
Won't be out till around April(weather depending of course), they cover the roads in salt at even the slightest frost to need to be careful!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have a friend near Whitchurch who has a few - does hill climbs and goes to meets around the UK and beyond. MG's too.
My first car was a mini, Tahiti Blue colour, 850cc engine, would do 85mph with the wind behind it. so easy to drive and park, cheap to run. I loved the simplicity, even cleaning was easy inside as everything was so basic. I fitted some huge speakers to the rear shelf and would play ZZTop and Human League at full base/volume

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,552 Posts
Here in S/E Michigan mine will be going into hibernation in the next couple of weeks...changing the oil in preparation on Friday. Usually come out of hibernation in early to mid February. Thus far the weather is holding up....will be in high 50s and into 60s later this week but that is about it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,552 Posts
My first car was a mini, Tahiti Blue colour, 850cc engine, would do 85mph with the wind behind it. so easy to drive and park, cheap to run. I loved the simplicity, even cleaning was easy inside as everything was so basic. I fitted some huge speakers to the rear shelf and would play ZZTop and Human League at full base/volume
I always loved the original Mini Cooper S. I almost bought one back in early 70s. My old high school teacher and his son restored one that was perfect. The son decided he wanted another more practical car and offered it to me at a good price. I still regret not taking them up on the offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I always loved the original Mini Cooper S. I almost bought one back in early 70s. My old high school teacher and his son restored one that was perfect. The son decided he wanted another more practical car and offered it to me at a good price. I still regret not taking them up on the offer.
I can't speak for what a Cooper S would drive like, but my Cooper is one of the best driving experiences I've ever had the car can just be summed up as "Fun!". I am 6'4 can barely fit in it but it's just a little hooligan on the road. It is a real shame that there becoming more and more expensive. In the Uk expect to pay 20k+ for an Austin Cooper S in good condition which is just crazy considering how many they made.

2741 - 2750 of 2750 Posts