Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Alfa dealer network will still be around well past the warranty period of any remaining vehicles with one. There are laws about such things.
Don't need an Alfa dealer network. We have FCA warranties.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope this is not the end of the lightweight true sports car. In Europe at least they still have the Renault Alpine. In North America, your choice is down to the Miata.
People nowaday think that their muscle car = sports car which is totally flawed thinking. So many people believe their Panamera, C63 and X5M are "sports cars"....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope this is not the end of the lightweight true sports car. In Europe at least they still have the Renault Alpine. In North America, your choice is down to the Miata.
People nowaday think that their muscle car = sports car which is totally flawed thinking. So many people believe their Panamera, C63 and X5M are "sports cars"....:rolleyes:
Fiata exists too, while the brz/86 twins are a little heavier, I'd still consider them pretty light weight in today's terms, and they come in stick!

·
Registered
16 Posts
"I hope this is not the end of the lightweight true sports car. In Europe at least they still have the Renault Alpine. In North America, your choice is down to the Miata."

At 2,700+ pounds they're not exactly featherweights, but the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 twins are quite entertaining.

As for our 4Cs, I expect they'll have the unique distinction of being both the first and last sports car built around a carbon tub on the working man's side of $100K.

Hopefully, like the Dino 246 GTs that sold for $14,500 in the early 70s and fetch 25 to 30 times that amount today, future enthusiasts and collectors will look back on the 4C for the bargain it was, and think ruefully, "Damn, in 2019 I could have bought one of those new for only $60K."

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hopefully, like the Dino 246 GTs that sold for $14,500 in the early 70s and fetch 25 to 30 times that amount today, future enthusiasts and collectors will look back on the 4C for the bargain it was, and think ruefully, "Damn, in 2019 I could have bought one of those new for only $60K."
:unsure: So after I enjoy every second of it for 50 years, I can retire!

·
Registered
105 Posts
"I hope this is not the end of the lightweight true sports car. In Europe at least they still have the Renault Alpine. In North America, your choice is down to the Miata."

At 2,700+ pounds they're not exactly featherweights, but the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 twins are quite entertaining.

As for our 4Cs, I expect they'll have the unique distinction of being both the first and last sports car built around a carbon tub on the working man's side of $100K.

We need to bring the japanese KEI cars, I saw a S660 in California recently, wish they'd bring it over

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not exactly cut short though. A 6 year model run is pretty normal. Only a few oddball outliers continued longer than that. And most of those were in the 70s/80s.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Not exactly cut short though. A 6 year model run is pretty normal. Only a few oddball outliers continued longer than that. And most of those were in the 70s/80s.
The Giulietta will see at least 10. Currently at 9 yrs. With Manley canning its replacement it looks like it’ll be going to at least 2021 or whenever the Tonale arrives.

·
Super Moderator
13,176 Posts
Unless it is a Nissan.
370-Z is in its 11th model year without anything more than different wheels.
Frontier is basically unchanged since 2005.
Titan first generation ran 2003 to 2015.
:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Doesn’t read in the article, but is this before all 108 Competitiones and Italias are built? Or is this just the long known end of production, how crazy I still think it is.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Don’t forget Lotus. Guess with the FCA-PSA merge that that will be where I am going. Not that I’ll sell my pretty, of course!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts