Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wondering what the typical sales price versus asking price is on these cars for a sale in the winter months. I really like a car that is advertised slightly above $50k, but only want to spend around $45k. Is that a normal discount? I am hoping to be in one of these cars by the end of February.

BT

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wondering what the typical sales price versus asking price is on these cars for a sale in the winter months. I really like a car that is advertised slightly above $50k, but only want to spend around $45k. Is that a normal discount? I am hoping to be in one of these cars by the end of February.

BT
I'd say it depends on many factors. Depending on mileage, condition, options etc. It could be wildly aspirational, or it could be tight. Do you have a link so we can take a look?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Definately make the offer. They don't move fast so it's ok to tell them what you want or are willing to pay. Then wait.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd say it depends on many factors. Depending on mileage, condition, options etc. It could be wildly aspirational, or it could be tight. Do you have a link so we can take a look?
It’s this one. Pretty similar to the one with 3500 miles that sold on BaT for $44k (with fees) in July.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It’s this one. Pretty similar to the one with 3500 miles that sold on BaT for $44k (with fees) in July.
Don’t think it has the race exhaust, but has carbon instrument panel . Nice wheels.

·
Super Moderator
3,454 Posts
As GOLDMAX mentioned....it doesn't have the race exhaust but the standard. The way you can tell is the standard has a tip with one ring....the race has two concentric rings. The standard exhaust is fine....quieter since it has a muffler whereas the race doesn't. BUT the stock muffler has an issue where the muffler will possibly break around the stamped in ALFA emblem. This isn't a big deal breaker though. Just bear in mind that you may need to replace that part at one point down the road. I would just go to a regular muffler shop and they can build up one that would be higher quality....or you can get an aftermarket part from several vendors. Don't replace with another stock EXPENSIVE one though ;-)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Definately make the offer. They don't move fast so it's ok to tell them what you want or are willing to pay. Then wait.
Yeah I agree. I think $45k is doable. I doubt they're into the car for more than that. They probably won't hit that bid right away, but I think if you stay firm there's a good chance they might get there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
45 should be doable. The real sales price of these cars is thousands less then the dealer price. Majority of dealers end up auctioning them off to get them off the lots. 15s with 20ish k miles are selling in the mid 30’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 89 of 89 Posts