Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I have to ask did you name her after the famous Italian chef? If so I am a fan of hers as well and got to meet her at a book signing years ago and she was everything I hoped she would be and more. Not disappointed whatsoever by waiting in line to meet her. In fact I felt had there not been such a huge line we would have talked for several hours - thats the kind of person she is. Anyway love the name choice!
Fun story. I flew to Rochester, NY to get that car on 8/30/17. I then drove it home to PA (where I lived at the time). I always name my cars and usually there is a reason. This time I didn’t have anything in mind but on the short flight to Rochester, I was reading one of the magazines and there was an ad with Giada (I’ll find the picture). For some reason the image on the plane that morning spoke to me. Giada was christened an hour or so later and we spent 4 glorious years together before she moved to Wisconsin to live with @Jrflanery. He kept the name to ease her transition, which has been seamless. @Jrflanery has been everything I had hoped for in a future steward for Giada. She’s very well cared for and I appreciate that he sometimes sends me updates, lol.

Pics from that day…
Cloud Sky Aircraft Vehicle Airplane

Brown Lip Eye Smile Product

Sky Cloud Plant Window Car

@Jazzyg72 awesome story about meeting her btw!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fun story. I flew to Rochester, NY to get that car on 8/30/17. I then drove it home to PA (where I lived at the time). I always name my cars and usually there is a reason. This time I didn’t have anything in mind but on the short flight to Rochester, I was reading one of the magazines and there was an ad with Giada (I’ll find the picture). For some reason the image on the plane that morning spoke to me. Giada was christened an hour or so later and we spent 4 glorious years together before she moved to Wisconsin to live with @Jrflanery. He kept the name to ease her transition, which has been seamless. @Jrflanery has been everything I had hoped for in a future steward for Giada. She’s very well cared for and I appreciate that he sometimes sends me updates, lol.

Pics from that day…
View attachment 124752
View attachment 124753
View attachment 124755

Wow small world I guess I had no idea was yours first!!! I have not even begun the ever important task of finding a name for mine yet and surely I can;t use Giada now! I was just going to add I was in Vegas a few years ago for a music festival and I stayed in the Cromwell where it so happens that Giada's new restaurant has the iconic location inside the Cromwell on the corner of the Strip so I thought it would be my first opportunity to finally try some of her food. Nights didnt work because we were at the festival so finally decided breakfast was the only option so I walked downstairs to check out the menu and it was about $60 for eggs and bacon! Sadly I had to pass on that opportunity.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Pics from that day…
View attachment 124752
View attachment 124753
View attachment 124755

@John4C, I was always hesitant to ask, and never drew the correlation to Ms. De Laurentiis. Now that I know the namesake, I feel like I've cheated on my wife everytime I've driven her. I was always a gentleman, but I may get a little racy when I get in her this spring. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
@John4C, I was always hesitant to ask, and never drew the correlation to Ms. De Laurentiis. Now that I know the namesake, I feel like I've cheated on my wife everytime I've driven her. I was always a gentleman, but I may get a little racy when I get in her this spring. ;)

I don't think it could be considered cheating as long as you always wear your seatbelt! 🤷‍♂️ May I suggest come spring time a nice salute to Giada with a lovely Italian red wine of your choice. I know that is what Giada D would want!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think it could be considered cheating as long as you always wear your seatbelt! 🤷‍♂️ May I suggest come spring time a nice salute to Giada with a lovely Italian red wine of your choice. I know that is what Giada D would want!
Now that's a great idea! And for the record, I'll still be a gentleman with her.

·
Super Moderator
10,756 Posts
Fun story. I flew to Rochester, NY to get that car on 8/30/17. I then drove it home to PA (where I lived at the time). I always name my cars and usually there is a reason. This time I didn’t have anything in mind but on the short flight to Rochester, I was reading one of the magazines and there was an ad with Giada (I’ll find the picture). For some reason the image on the plane that morning spoke to me. Giada was christened an hour or so later and we spent 4 glorious years together before she moved to Wisconsin to live with.
Giada is really close to Giardia (Aussie pronunciation). I hope it wasn’t Giardia speaking to you on the plane, John. 😉😅
See attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I moved from sunny CA to NorthEast several months ago, and this is my first winter here. My 4Cs have been tucked in the garage since November, and I am going stir crazy!

Anyone in the snow/cold region, what do you do during the winter season to "fix" your 4C craving? Do you have a winter fun car? Do you still take your 4C out for driving when the roads are clear of salt? Do you put snow tires on your 4C?

Spring couldn't come fast enough!
I moved from Miami to CT last summer. I pretty much cry myself to sleep most nights!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts