Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have come up with a simple way to lift your 4C from the center rear. It is so simple that we will post on our Blog soon for the DIYers. We will make the kit for those of you who rather just buy it. It is a great way to use our flatJACKS. It is a bolt-in mod that does not permanently modify your car - it can be reversed. And yes, it is very light.

4CLIFTkit is pronounced = Fork Lift Kit?! I'm sure many of you have gathered, we like to have some fun with the names of our molto tasty bits...:grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,852 Posts
We have come up with a simple way to lift your 4C from the center rear. It is so simple that we will post on our Blog soon for the DIYers. We will make the kit for those of you who rather just buy it. It is a great way to use our flatJACKS. It is a bolt-in mod that does not permanently modify your car - it can be reversed. And yes, it is very light.

4CLIFTkit is pronounced = Fork Lift Kit?! I'm sure many of you have gathered, we like to have some fun with the names of our molto tasty bits...:grin2:
Thank you for not treating us like sheep to be fleeced!
Options like this are very much appreciated.
(as are your tasty bits. Your 4C tasty bits, that is. You know what I meant.)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for not treating us like sheep to be fleeced!
Options like this are very much appreciated.
(as are your tasty bits. Your 4C tasty bits, that is. You know what I meant.)
The Blog is up: HERE

We are producing the parts now and will sell them along with a package with the flatJACKS.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where does the square one go?
It goes between the undertray plate and the subframe. These two pieces essentially take up the gap in the rear diffuser/undertray so that you can lift from this area. See this piece in the pic from our blog here:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
This is only for rear but, there's something in front?
You can safely lift the front of the car from anywhere you want, providing it's carbon fiber.

I haven't tried lifting one corner at a time and placing stands under the corners. Nor have I looked to see if a low-profile floor jack can go far enough under the nose to lift from the tub, and, pump the handle.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I use the CF "squares" on the bottom of the tub indicated by those arrows as a temporary jack point with a Prothane Jack Pad on my floorjack.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem with the front is reaching it with a normal sized jack. The side lift points are far easier to reach and plenty strong. I never liked backing my cars onto floor ramps so this process makes the ramps a bad memory...which is especially bad on a mid engined car. :surprise:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
shinoo
Alfa Romeo 4C Forums
Alfa Romeo 4C Forum - a community for two-seater fans to chat about launch control, turbo upgrades, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing