Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Still none, nada, nixies, nil.

Thought I might see Joe from Centerline on Saturday at C&C but I was a bit late... story of my life.

6 McLarens though, common as muck...!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey all,

Have you spotted any 4C's on the roads?

Today I am near Lake Garda looking around like a tourist after my factory tour and track day, before I fly back to the UK, and I spot a white 4C SE going the other direction!

I turned around and tried to catch him up to say hello. There were so many roundabouts etc and other traffic between us, it was pretty difficult to keep in eye contact with the car. It took me around 30 minutes and we covered I would guess about 45 Km's before he stopped at a Restaurante. I was heading North on the west side of the Lake, I ended up heading North on the east side!

So we had a chat and I had a picture taken. He is from Germany, and his car is Madraperla Bianco with Red interior. It was gorgeous!

My spider is a similar load out. I love the red seats on black interior and white exterior with red calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bump for a red spider seen by the Saugautautuk reservoir, or whatever they call it, by Weston CT, on Saturday around 12:30pm. I wonder if it was anyone round here.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Spotted along Quakers Road, Marayong heading west around 3:30pm with the top down and probably the heater on was Alf Alphas’ comp red Spider caught in the suburban crawl. I have to just face the fact I’m invisible in my 147. I had only just finished work and turned onto the road heading east when I spotted you, Martin. Brought on a smile, it did.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Spotted along Quakers Road, Marayong heading west around 3:30pm with the top down and probably the heater on was Alf Alphas’ comp red Spider caught in the suburban crawl. I have to just face the fact I’m invisible in my 147. I had only just finished work and turned onto the road heading east when I spotted you, Martin. Brought on a smile, it did.
Apologies for not waving back Alfanut :smile2:

Yes the heater was on, but it wasn't raining, so the rule with Spiders is roof off at all times to hear the exhaust and turbo better.

You seem to be working more now that you have retired. I'm sure the money will be put to good use for more 4C mods.

Cheers,

Alf

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Apologies for not waving back Alfanut :smile2:

Yes the heater was on, but it wasn't raining, so the rule with Spiders is roof off at all times to hear the exhaust and turbo better.

You seem to be working more now that you have retired. I'm sure the money will be put to good use for more 4C mods.

Cheers,

Alf
Yes, I wasn’t expecting to be called in for a couple of weeks but after two days into the new Term someone’s already had enough:grin2:. Not working today. The cool mornings haven’t been good for the Suds’ battery. Worked yesterday for the new one today.

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
It is interesting that the first 4C I saw in the wild (as noted in my earlier post) was about in May of 2016, While I have seen about 10 4Cs in my club and at ALFA events.....that first car was the only one I have seen in the wild. On the other hand I see Giulias and Stelvios nearly every day here in Michigan. Shows how rare our cars are and luckily that the Giulias and Stelvios are selling.
The 4C was ALFAs halo car and introduction and I like that it is pretty rare. You won't have one pulling up net to you at a stop liight.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
It is interesting that the first 4C I saw in the wild (as noted in my earlier post) was about in May of 2016, While I have seen about 10 4Cs in my club and at ALFA events.....that first car was the only one I have seen in the wild. On the other hand I see Giulias and Stelvios nearly every day here in Michigan. Shows how rare our cars are and luckily that the Giulias and Stelvios are selling.
The 4C was ALFAs halo car and introduction and I like that it is pretty rare. You won't have one pulling up net to you at a stop liight.
Yes, I'm starting to see Giulias and Stelvios around too. Just yesterday I saw a red Stelvio and later a red Giulia, both on the same Interstate. Even saw a Lotus, a McLaren, and a Ferrari (separately) but no 4Cs. About a week ago I was in the barn (new garage) building cabinets and saw a white Giulia Ti Q2 roll down the alley. Can't say that I've ever seen a 4C drive down the alley, unless I was driving it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey all,

Have you spotted any 4C's on the roads?

Today I am near Lake Garda looking around like a tourist after my factory tour and track day, before I fly back to the UK, and I spot a white 4C SE going the other direction!

I turned around and tried to catch him up to say hello. There were so many roundabouts etc and other traffic between us, it was pretty difficult to keep in eye contact with the car. It took me around 30 minutes and we covered I would guess about 45 Km's before he stopped at a Restaurante. I was heading North on the west side of the Lake, I ended up heading North on the east side!

So we had a chat and I had a picture taken. He is from Germany, and his car is Madraperla Bianco with Red interior. It was gorgeous!
Blasphemy on this forum, but I'd forget the 4C! My favorite place on planet Earth. Lake Garda!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Last night I saw a white 4C crossing the intersection of Sepulveda and Washington. I was driving my red 4C. We honked and waved as it should be.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The only other 4C I've ever seen on the road was a dealer owned one that a salesman drove to the local C&C. I've seen a small handful of Giulias and Stelvios though. Occasionally, I see older spiders (exchanged in motion greetings with one just this week) and the rare Alfetta GTV.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yellow spider in Sarasota on Cattlemen Rd near Nathan Benderson Park around noon today.

First one seen in the wild. Yellow looked nice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There used to be one in the area where I live - used to hear it every morning, about 6:30 AM, driving by, all year long. When I had a Lotus, I wanted to see where he lived and check out his car, but I never figured out exactly where he lived. The last time I saw it, it was on a flat bed. Haven't seen it since, so he either moved or got another daily driver. It was a white Spider. I'm hoping he just moved and he still has the Spider!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts