Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love this view out of the door mirror, even better with another 4C in the background. Taken on the way home from a small local car meet, where 3 4C's turned up. Great to meet Davie Man and Chase Armitige, and after a passenger ride in Davie's car, I will definitely be getting Jamie's ecu upgrade.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Had mine four and a half years, never seen another one on the road !!!!!!, I've been to Alfa meetings where others have turned up but as regards general driving....nothing !!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've seen a few on the road over the past year since buying mine. First time seeing one in the wild I was driving driving mine north on the PCH somewhere between Monterey and San Jose and saw a red spider in my review mirror, and as it passed we both waved. Second time I was driving my '86 Spider up from San Diego, and saw a black one in Malibu. Then sitting in traffic in Monterey I saw a grey one driving by in the opposing lane. Traffic going in his direction was moving really quickly so as it started going by I thought "Wow, that's a great looking car, what is it? Oh, wait, it's a 4C! Lol."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spotted from my 4C in Sarasota Hillview. Odd that the top is on. It is 74 F and not a cloud in the sky. If he's waiting for better top off weather, it's not going to happen.

Hope he didn't crunch the diffuser. Looks tight!

Seagulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yay !!! Just passed a white 4C on the country road in Lincolnshire, a lady driving too, AND it's a very frosty morning with ice about and salt, she must be a brave lass! Mine is in the garage asleep. First one I have seen since owning mine, wish it was a summer's day and I had been in mine, would've been spine tingling, in a good way, first time for me to see the width and lowness of the 4C when meeting head on, beautiful design and a total class of it's own :love:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually have seen a 4C on 6 different occasions. First time was a yellow spider at a local restaurant, I was going somewhere and didn't have time to stop. Was with the wife out shopping the next time and saw a red coupe puttering through the mall parking lot. 3rd and 4th times were out at the beachfront saw the same guy in a white coupe. 5th time was fun, recognized the car and went into the tavern loudly announcing that I needed to speak to the owner of the yellow "Porsche" I had just bumped in the parking lot. I thought Jon was going to die until he realized who I was. (we had just met the day before) Last time was probably Jon and his yellow spider again, coming out of the auto parts store I see a yellow spider heading the opposite way.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have not spotted any 4C's lately, but I will say, the local Giulia owners have been extending some Alfa Love.
I've been getting hello flashes of the headlights, waves and peace signs when passing them.

Always makes me smile being part of the Alfa Family and I immediately reciprocate the gesture.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
My first day driving in Italy and spotted this near the Boboli Gardens, Florence. I take it as a little compensation for asking the rental place for a car like a 4C and getting a C4 (Citroen). The joke was definitely on me. It’s not a car I would ever likely buy.
A word of advice, if hiring a car in Italy Hertz has Alfas, not Avis. Lucky me went through Avis. Another thing noticed on my first day, whatever the speed limit the average Italian adds 20km/h.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Currently there are 705 4C (coupe and spider) registered in Germany. In my hometown (population 1,900,000) we have got 19 4C (coupe and spider) running. Thus I have seen two other 4C in the wild in the last 5 years...

·
Registered
425 Posts
The smoke for the last 2 days has been less than pleasant. I did Sydney earlier in the month also. There was no smoke then, so I got to wander around without having to deal with it. The harbor is pretty substantial in size and makes for a great setting for a city. The Botanical Garden sitting right on the harbor is great (also liked the Botanical Garden in Adelaide).

The trip has been great. Very friendly and helpful populace. I packed quite a bit into a month, so I experienced a lot of different places. Some highlights were the GBR, Fraser Island and Kangaroo Island (pretty much a given unless you dislike the outdoors). I drove quite a bit (probably between 2 to 3,000 Km), including lots of time spent on the roads that have lots of wildlife. I saw a lot of roadkill. Fortunately I didn't participate in creating any, even when this herd of water buffalo decide to cross the road on the exit of a corner.

No tickets that I'm aware of, so that is a good thing.

For those considering a trip, it is well worth it. Tons to see and do with some very unique offerings.

Attachments

81 - 97 of 97 Posts