Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my 5 year service on my LE. I’m located in Los Angeles. Any recommend shops to take it? Having trouble on finding a reputable shop.
From skimming the forum it looks like everyone recommends:
  • Timing Belt
  • Water Pump
  • Tensioner
  • Accessory belt
Missing anything else?

·
Super Moderator
1,252 Posts
Looking to get my 5 year service on my LE. I’m located in Los Angeles. Any recommend shops to take it? Having trouble on finding a reputable shop.
From skimming the forum it looks like everyone recommends:
  • Timing Belt
  • Water Pump
  • Tensioner
  • Accessory belt
Missing anything else?
Idler pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
If you track the car seriously, my dealership has recommended the transmission fluid (or was it hydraulic fluid)..

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is a timely subject as I just came up to my car's 5 year birthday as well, and I planned on replacing the timing belt per the manual. My car has a build date of 9/15, but I dind't buy it new until July 2017. I assume all the other work the OP indicated is simply because, from a labor perspective, you might as well do all that while they doing the belt? I have a llittle over 9000 miles on the clock, suggested I do the same? My car is not tracked (yet, heh heh).

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I gave up on Santa Monica Alfa Romeo and Fiat after they changed owners and management a few years ago. They've got their heads up their a$$ now.

I will suggest Santo's Italian Car Service
Address: 8816 Amigo Ave, Northridge, CA 91324
Phone: (818) 701-1614

I've never taken any of my cars there, but I know the guys that own the shop and they know what their doing. They track their vintage Alfas and understand performance mods.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Shouldn't any Ferrari indy be competent on the servicing the 4C?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Since you are removing the rear body panels, this would be an opportune time to do chassis bolt tightening (normally ~10K mile event).

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,451 Posts
Brake fluid flush for sure if not done yet. The LEs didn't have the TCU shield (not from factory for another year or so...when the spiders came out). I would have that installed. You need to remove the left side quarter panel to install so now is the time to do it. I just did that service on my LE a couple of months ago. While apart have them check condition of various hoses...in particular lowest hose and heat shield wrap which sometimes can rub against the lower removable under-panel and get a bit worn. Also have them check condition of engine mount on passenger side. Evidently those are liquid filled (new to me) and some have leaked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brake fluid flush for sure if not done yet. The LEs didn't have the TCU shield (not from factory for another year or so...when the spiders came out). I would have that installed. You need to remove the left side quarter panel to install so now is the time to do it. I just did that service on my LE a couple of months ago. While apart have them check condition of various hoses...in particular lowest hose and heat shield wrap which sometimes can rub against the lower removable under-panel and get a bit worn. Also have them check condition of engine mount on passenger side. Evidently those are liquid filled (new to me) and some have leaked.
I've had great success at Glendale Alfa. I purchased my 4C from them. Their 4C tech is Marco. He's been there for years and is very experienced. I'll be having my bolt tightening done there next year. I just had my oil change done there last month. Great service so far. Enjoy your 4C!!!

·
Registered
Rosso Corsa LC
23 Posts
Santa Monica Alfa Romeo quoted me around $1,800 for the timing belt. I plan to have it done later this year or early next year. Bolt tightening they said is going to be another $500. My car has 7,000 miles now and I want to get to 10k.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Santa Monica Alfa Romeo quoted me around $1,800 for the timing belt. I plan to have it done later this year or early next year. Bolt tightening they said is going to be another $500. My car has 7,000 miles now and I want to get to 10k.
I have heard bad things about SM even with their high productions cars. I have taken my car to Glendale before. But will be looking for an independent shop that actually knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No dealerships is recommended in LA area as far I know and experienced! Two independent shops that I know have good reviews:

I tried talking to DV Mechanics but they didn’t want anything to do with this service.

I’ll look more into Santos but from their Yelp reviews seems like they have had some bad reviews. No car shop is perfect but hoping to find the best fit!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you're anywhere near the South Bay and looking for a trusted indy shop, call Craig at FastCars in Redondo Beach. He's the go to shop for Italian cars and a long time sponsor on Fchat.

·
Registered
Rosso Corsa LC
23 Posts
I have heard bad things about SM even with their high productions cars. I have taken my car to Glendale before. But will be looking for an independent shop that actually knows what they are doing.
Mind sharing what you heard? I searched the forum a bit but nothing specific yet. They did my oil change and brake fluid flush and no complaints. Madness quoted me $250 for an oil change but they were booked for a month out. Santa Monica Alfa Romeo was $300 but they had availability in the same week.

I saw some complaints about loaners not being given for the 5 year service but I could care less about that. My car is also under warranty still so I'd rather go through the dealer network.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mind sharing what you heard? I searched the forum a bit but nothing specific yet. They did my oil change and brake fluid flush and no complaints. Madness quoted me $250 for an oil change but they were booked for a month out. Santa Monica Alfa Romeo was $300 but they had availability in the same week.

I saw some complaints about loaners not being given for the 5 year service but I could care less about that. My car is also under warranty still so I'd rather go through the dealer network.
Glendale has a 4C expert named Marco. So I have gone there for simple things like oil changes. They even have their prices online, which is nice for transparency. It was less than $250.

SM was on my no go list from reading their reviews on yelp, google, and specific 4C members from this board. Crazy how SM can charge $300 for the same exact job. They are both Alfa Romeo?! Another reason to stay away from SM.
Edit: found the old thread to read upon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts