Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can find their direct pricing in this thread

·
Registered
Rosso Corsa LC
23 Posts
Glendale has a 4C expert named Marco. So I have gone there for simple things like oil changes. They even have their prices online, which is nice for transparency. It was less than $250.

SM was on my no go list from reading their reviews on yelp, google, and specific 4C members from this board. Crazy how SM can charge $300 for the same exact job. They are both Alfa Romeo?! Another reason to stay away from SM.
Edit: found the old thread to read upon
That's the thread I saw but again I don't see any specific issues being brought up by people who went there. I've been emailing/talking to Casey as my service advisor. He always replies to my emails and answers my questions which is more than I can say for almost anyone else from that industry. He always quoted me on everything I asked and yes the oil change price being different is BS but that's a corporate problem. When I called Van Nuys AR they quoted me $400 or something like that. I might try Glendale but they're quite a trek away from me.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
90 Posts
Glendale has a 4C expert named Marco. So I have gone there for simple things like oil changes. They even have their prices online, which is nice for transparency. It was less than $250.

SM was on my no go list from reading their reviews on yelp, google, and specific 4C members from this board. Crazy how SM can charge $300 for the same exact job. They are both Alfa Romeo?! Another reason to stay away from SM.
It is weird how even different service advisers within the same dealership give you different quotes, Gelendale quoted me $180 for oil change on the phone, when I was there the next day they said it is $450 and the person on the phone gave you the price for Giulia, after complaining and asking to talk to manager they lowered it to $250! They stated 4C needs a more expensive and special oil compared to Guilia and I was like sure :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2016 Spider
90 Posts
That's the thread I saw but again I don't see any specific issues being brought up by people who went there. I've been emailing/talking to Casey as my service advisor. He always replies to my emails and answers my questions which is more than I can say for almost anyone else from that industry. He always quoted me on everything I asked and yes the oil change price being different is BS but that's a corporate problem. When I called Van Nuys AR they quoted me $400 or something like that. I might try Glendale but they're quite a trek away from me.
Stay away from Van Nuys at all costs unless you want to join my legal action against them! :LOL:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

It is weird how even different service advisers within the same dealership give you different quotes, Gelendale quoted me $180 for oil change on the phone, when I was there the next day they said it is $450 and the person on the phone gave you the price for Giulia, after complaining and asking to talk to manager they lowered it to $250! They stated 4C needs a more expensive and special oil compared to Guilia and I was like sure :rolleyes:
Each AR dealer is an independent business and can ultimately charge whatever price they want.

My wife once took her Fiat to the Fiat dealer in downtown LA and got a $500 dollar quote. The shop was near to where she worked. She ain't no dummy and knew that was way over the top. So she waited and went to the Santa Monica Fiat dealer and they did the job for $250. The shop is near to where we live.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The local alfa dealer to me got acquired by someone else and the dealership moved and was under new ownership.
The previous dealership was fair if not cheap from the business i had done before.
$140 oil changes
$200 Brake flush
$850 bolt tightening (I haven't gotten done)

So the new one I called and they wanted $350 for just an oil changed. I explained how the previous place a mile down the road was cheaper and they came down to $150.

Turns out the service manager was the same service manager from the last place.
Also he quoted me $1,400 for the timing belt at 5 years

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote for truth. Porsche indies are very expensive, I can't imagine Ferrari indies.
In my locale, Ferrari indies charge the same a German car indy shops; seriously. That is why there are a half dozen Ferrari indy shops in MA. Plus they'll discount parts more than the Alfa dealer would.

Do not dismiss the Ferrari indy shops as being "out of sight" on hourly rates. You may be surprised.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts