Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the stock lug bolts long enough to put a 5mm spacer on the front wheels and have enough thread left? I have oem dark 18-19 rims.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,071 Posts
I wear Eurocompulsion 15mm front and 25mm back. Perfect look.
But not with stock lug bolts I bet ;-) The OP wanted to know if 5mm spacers would allow use of stock lug bolts.
I don't know answer to his question....hopefully another member can answer his question. I don't have time to check it myself before leaving for a trip. I suggest calling the vendor of the spacers (if they are a 4C after market vendor) and ask that question. Generally you must have at least 5 threads minimum to achieve full strength but I would be nervous doing that.....something as important as this....I would be very conservative!

·
Registered
963 Posts
you can probably get away with it....but I wouldn't do it. I will check my stock bolt to see if I can tell if there was rearward protrusion but personally I know the rule has always been lengthen the bolt the same as the spacer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Lawrence Wild
Alfa Romeo 4C Forums
Alfa Romeo 4C Forum - a community for two-seater fans to chat about launch control, turbo upgrades, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing