Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that would look pretty cool. If someone could photoshop it, I'm curious to see.

On the Miata

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Dont forget the aston martin vantage nose next to miata

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont forget the aston martin vantage nose next to miata

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I like the Mazda and the 8C grill because of the lights. That would be a good aftermarket idea.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If there was bright work on other places of the 4C, the chrome trim around the kidney grill would work, otherwise looks like an after thought.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One of the many reasons I bought a 2016 Vantage over a new one, is the weird striking resemblance of the new Vantage to a Miata.....

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
I'm more interested in the fog lights. Wonder if we could incorporate foglights in the 4C grill. @designbybeau what do you think
They sell fog lights already that you could put in that are round LEDs, not particularly my cup of tea, but maybe if there small enough they could go on the 4C. The 8C has a classic look, beautiful lines, but at the same time it is very plain. I would like to see this concept made into a body kit on the 4C!

Attachments

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
Where the 8c front really shines is in that "XJ220" lip at the bottom "push-forming" dual "lips", where the 4c has those bulges at the lower sides, they do not split to cross a downforce-insinuating lip (this might have been a mistake as the "QV" centro stile versions have it like the new GTA/m does:

This would have worked wonders aesthetically and functionally, but I'm sensing an onslaught of "Whoa the cost!" Is the answer maybe. At least having a tough lip to protect the V shape was reason enough.
The biggest problem of grafting 8c nose is that it absolutely would be isometrically unbalanced: the 8c has a nice "arrow" that defines it's hood and "face", but the 4c's "V" is melted/baked in, crissed by cut lines, and rather undefined, like the design iteration was trying hard to lose the "arrow" halo car dad had (8c). What's kinda worse is the manufacturing approach made it nearly impossible to mass produce the panel gaps and body-crease alignments to pull off the original, front clamshell design. Everyone is quick to point at "crash economy" and "whoa the cost!" But I'd love to meet the mechanic or owner that enjoys unbolting the hood (and heavier due to triple/quadruple the hardware material weight, 20+ bolts and added framework, instead of two locks, pins, and a hinge, 8 bolts max for the hinge) rather than simply pulling a latch in the door... And the creases are one piece so no "jumps/gaps" and "well, it's Italian".
IMO, the front isn't all too different from the 8c anyways (just squint?), Some maybe using all that dead space in front of and around the wheels/unecessarily massive econocar headlights for some downforce and brake cooling? Hell, I'd just reroute the washer fluid umbilical to where I didn't need another funnel tool to fill it, like make a spring/popper door out of fender QV triangle emblems and hide it behind that?

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
It happens automatically, OriginalForza - I'm 55!!!
Mah, that's so young! How else do you drive a 4c without terrorizing the streets a la Magoo? It's not that we can't see... It's these damn kids just teleporting about irresponsibly. I tell you...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts