Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a 2017 4C coupe advertised locally. I was looking at the pictures and noticed it came without leather dash and door cards. I was not aware that in the US you could have ordered one without the leather package.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa 4C LE
24 Posts
That’s a good option. Won’t have to worry about leather peeling and it’s some additional weight savings.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I just saw a 2017 4C coupe advertised locally. I was looking at the pictures and noticed it came without leather dash and door cards. I was not aware that in the US you could have ordered one without the leather package.
Here is another:

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, I knew they existed but I thought it was only available outside the US.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've seen five plastic interior coupes for sale in the US over the past two years. One was a Basalt coupe in CA with less than 500 miles and exactly three options - paint, Akra and 5 hole wheels/tires.

·
Registered
970 Posts
This particular car stickers for $63k.

Only options are wheels + Akra exhaust... even has halogen headlights! :oops:
This definitely looks like a vehicle that is:
1) spec'd out by a very peculiar original driver (still trying to figure out if he/she wanted a track car or simply loved the AKRA- options chosen still do not make 'combination' sense to me)
2) a vehicle just pushed out by the manufacturer in terms of their existing accessory supply at a given moment (more likely) *

* I recall several items (yellow matts, etc.) that were being discounted in parts sale by Alfa at first (initial oversupply?), then when supply ran dry they disappeared! Just look at the N/A 16 Italia's, not all came in the advertised yellow stitch interior / CF Halo / Italia Mirrors (which I'm personally glad each is weird in its own way lol) probably because of supply(?).

I have eluded to this previously, but am not sure if we ever asked officially on this forum an interesting question:
- how many actually spec ordered their car, and did they get 'everything' the way they asked? That means you received the vehicle as requested, no missing options AND no extra options (i.e. several years of 4Cs came into Canada without CF Interior spec'd but sporting CF bezel and transmission selector)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I own a totally stripped down European Launch edition and a fully loaded Spider with all in leather etc. Weight difference is about 150kg and this makes such a difference in handling and acceleration.
So I'd say the choice of interior depends on your purpose: cruising or speeding

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
This definitely looks like a vehicle that is:
1) spec'd out by a very peculiar original driver (still trying to figure out if he/she wanted a track car or simply loved the AKRA- options chosen still do not make 'combination' sense to me)
2) a vehicle just pushed out by the manufacturer in terms of their existing accessory supply at a given moment (more likely) *

* I recall several items (yellow matts, etc.) that were being discounted in parts sale by Alfa at first (initial oversupply?), then when supply ran dry they disappeared! Just look at the N/A 16 Italia's, not all came in the advertised yellow stitch interior / CF Halo / Italia Mirrors (which I'm personally glad each is weird in its own way lol) probably because of supply(?).

I have eluded to this previously, but am not sure if we ever asked officially on this forum an interesting question:
- how many actually spec ordered their car, and did they get 'everything' the way they asked? That means you received the vehicle as requested, no missing options AND no extra options (i.e. several years of 4Cs came into Canada without CF Interior spec'd but sporting CF bezel and transmission selector)
I actually think that your last bit is worthy of a thread all of its own, and perhaps a poll to go with that.

Guess a few of us should get to vote twice ;).

Do you want to set it up or would you like me to?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I actually think that your last bit is worthy of a thread all of its own, and perhaps a poll to go with that.

Guess a few of us should get to vote twice ;).

Do you want to set it up or would you like me to?
It took me how many years to start my first post? lol
PLEASE Do!!
I guess I vote twice....but same answers: not even close lol (although technically I did not order the gray/Italia that I received, the dealership did not even get theirs!) hahaaaa

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have one of the plastic dash cars. When I decided to get mine, the dealer had two cars left. One was a spider and the coupe. I opted for the coupe, as the 328 has a targa so I thought a coupe would box that compass. It's what I bought. They do exist and I have one. I feel bad when I hear about the leather peeling stories, and grateful I don't have to deal with that. Just reading the Alfa service post reminds me of the benefits of not having leather. I never gave leather a thought on my purchase, and didn't think about it during the process. The car drove insane, and that was my attraction. A very dear friend of mine in FL, an F40 owner, told me the car felt like an F40, which ironically doesn't have leather either. I'm ok with an Alfa 4C not having leather, especially if there are only a handful in the country. If my S Class didn't have leather, that's another story I think.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have one of the plastic dash cars. When I decided to get mine, the dealer had two cars left. One was a spider and the coupe. I opted for the coupe, as the 328 has a targa so I thought a coupe would box that compass. It's what I bought. They do exist and I have one. I feel bad when I hear about the leather peeling stories, and grateful I don't have to deal with that. Just reading the Alfa service post reminds me of the benefits of not having leather. I never gave leather a thought on my purchase, and didn't think about it during the process. The car drove insane, and that was my attraction. A very dear friend of mine in FL, an F40 owner, told me the car felt like an F40, which ironically doesn't have leather either. I'm ok with an Alfa 4C not having leather, especially if there are only a handful in the country. If my S Class didn't have leather, that's another story I think.

GO AHEAD AND POST PICTURES OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR OF ALL TIME.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts