Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see your point but leather does improve dramatically the interior of the 4C by toning down all of the plastic. The delamination of the leather was mostly an issue on earlier cars that were exposed to extreme hot temperatures. No issues on later years.

Definitely a plus for mostly track use.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Leather covering the doors and dash? Maybe 7 lbs, person can lose that and more switching to a lightweight battery. I'll happily suffer with a few extra pounds to avoid the plastic fantastic!
Seven Pounds. Like that movie with Will Smith except with a better ending. This reminds me of the discussions back when I was riding my Ducati sport bikes. I was dumb enough to have titanium valves, Marchesini wheels and carbon fiber tank installed on my 748 on that quest for lightness. Oh sure, bad bike. Value of all that on trade-in for Hyper S was zip. I went to a track day with some guys my age in New Hampshire, keeping in mind I was 150 lbs with wet clothes on (then). I then saw a easy fix for many. The gym. That and save about $5,000 in the process, especially with the price of carbon fiber in the late 90's! : )))

21 - 22 of 22 Posts