Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

My name is Oriol, and I've been lurking on the forums for a few years!
Finally decide to make an account when I got serious about purchasing and saw @djnwkm 2017 4C, which came with almost every option I was looking for!

I was also waiting for more information on the GT500 and the mid-engine corvette... both ended up off my budget, and with the coupe discontinued, it was the perfect time to buy!

It was a hard choice but I sold my 2016 Mustang GT, made my plans to go pick up the car, and my girlfriend and I decided to make it a long weekend roadtrip.

Picked up the Car in LA on a Friday morning and headed straight to San Fransisco... I have to say, seeing the car in picture and finally seeing it in real life was very surreal! I couldn't believe it was actually happening.

Unfortunately, due to fires in LA we ended up getting to SF at about 11pm, forgot to take a picture in SF but we stayed in an AirBnB where the host had private parking... Glad to not have to worry about street parking the car on the first day!

The next day we had a cabin rented in Trinidad, CA, and we began our drive. I made sure too look at the cabin entrance on google street view, to see if I might run into any clearance issues, it was all clear!
However, on the way there I noticed a plastic cover on the driver mirror came off somewhere along the drive! Still not sure what happened, I figured a rock must have hit it hard enough to pop it off. I now check this almost every time I park.

After our stay in the woods, we drove through the Redwoods, and the PCH for a bit on our way to Salem, OR. Where we stayed for the night at the Oregon Garden Resort, really nice quite place.
This was definitely the funnest and most scenic drive of the trip!

Lastly, the Final drive wasn't too eventful going from Salem to Seattle, but we were definitely looking forward to getting home! Having picked up a lot of bugs on the this drive, I was super happy the car came with a factory clear bra!

Total Trip Stats:
Miles: 1385
Total time: 24h 54min
Avg mpg for trip: 32.9 mpg
Avg speed for trip: 56 mph

This was a great trip and a great way to learn and get used to the car fairly quickly. This is my daily driver now, my commute to work is only 3miles but I'm finding ways to make it a bit longer and any excuse to go run errands in the car!

I plan on keeping the car mostly stock, or atleast mods that can be reverted.
Mod List:
1. Center exit Exhaust
2. EC tune Stage 1 (maybe 2 depending on how well the CAI handles constant Seattle rain)
3. Horn upgrade
4. 225 front tires and 255 rear tires
5. Full xpel ppf, as the factory ppf looks a little discolored.
6. Hood/truck struts (My girl already bent the prop rod and I had to bend it back)

Thanks for sticking through this long post!
I look forward to meeting more 4C owners virtually and in person, I still have a lot to learn about this car but I know this forum is the best out there!

I've had the car for about a month now, and had the car looked over at Alfa Romeo Seattle and replaced the plastic piece on the mirror. It was $30 total! Super friendly staff, look forward to going back for any concerns and maintenance!

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome and that is a great intro to the car. Amazing drive you did. Have you done the mid-coast in CA before? Iconic drive through there. The little mirror cover comes off if you look at it wrong. It is a Fiat part. Search the forums and the part number is already identified for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,939 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on the car. What a great adventure that you will remember for a long time. Experiences like that makes the car just that much more special.

You are right about this forum being a great place to learn about the 4C or to just hang out. I hope you enjoy it as much as you do your car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats! dang should've stopped by the Bay Area and we could have linked up!

Side note, how do the accelerations feel in the GT vs the 4C? I would think the power delivery would be very different.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I have been at that exact Tree. I helped a friend relocate to San Mateo and spent 2 weeks out there.
Not sure if it still exists, but the Crow Bar was the best places we went to

Congrats on both the purchase and your journey!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,692 Posts
There is a good chance that the reason the plastic piece came off is if you had PPF around that area they may have removed it and than reinstalled. That tends to break the parts that hold it on. Otherwise....shouldn't be an issue down the road. Wow was your trip familiar to me. Although I now live (retired) in Michigan, I was born in Eureka which is about 270 miles North of San Francisco on hwy 101. Moved away when I was 20 to go to school in San Francisco and worked my entire career in San Francisco Bay Area but always missed the redwood area. That was my first choice to retire but my wife had other thoughts (she has about 50 family members in immediate area). I go back to visit family and friends all the time and that trip from SF through the redwoods on 101 was always the highlight. Before I had my 4C I had a 1970 ALFA spider I bought new and kept for over 40 years. A night time trip through the redwoods with the top down was very special. I loved the ocean views as well.....you mentioned Trinidad....memories. There is an awesome park called Patricks Point State Park north of Eureka that is right on the coast with gorgeous views....that whole area is my old stomping grounds. Lots of early California history there. The ride up to Portland is also nice but not as fast as going more inland....but not as neat though. I spent a lot of time in Oregon visiting all my moms family....she had 10 brothers and sisters. Did you know the people in Oregon don't tan in the summer....they rust.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,692 Posts
Forgot to mention....I have a picture somewhere of my old spider going through the drive through tree. That picture is great and would make a great photo in the national AROC magazine. By any chance are you a member (highly recommended). If so send the picture to them and I am sure they will use it...they love pictures like that.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I knew this forum was active but the amount of replies on my first post, thank you all for making me feel welcomed!

@Budget1 Naw, I recently moved to Seattle area in April, and had never been to the west coast before. This trip was the first of many :)

@MultiAlfaOwner Thanks for this! Will definitely go this route if it happens again

@finalleaf It's a bit hard to describe as I'm still getting used to 4C,but you are right. Numbers wise they are both very similar according to the internets, but the way the get there are totally different... The mustang was predictable. You would put your foot down, hear the deep roar, and go. In the 4C, I'm still learning the car but you put your foot down, hear an orchestra of sounds going on while you pickup a bit of speed, then the turbo kicks in and really pins you back and it feels like you're taking off. While I do miss the deep roar of the v8, the whooshing turbo and engine noise are a great trade!

@RKBerta There is PPF on the CF mirror cap, but don't think there was any on the stem, hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks for all the recommendations! We are definitely planning on driving down again! So will check out the park and hopefully take a night time drive through the forest! We are heading down to Portland again for some Black Friday shopping. Thanks for the AROC recommendation! Will be good to know about events near me!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,692 Posts
As you have seen with your first posts.....the 4C fraternity is a really great bunch of folks. Have exchanged personal email with many of them and some have joined my local Detroit Chapter of the AROC. Two of my neighbors have cars identical to my 2015 4C LE now! Both got their cars through 4C Forum connections.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome to the 4C family. You are so lucky to have a 4C in the PNW. Grew-up in Corvallis, Mom lives in Salem, had multiple little fun cars, however the 4C would trump them in the smooth roads out there.

Taking the PCH from Astoria to redwoods, over to Crater Lake and back to Portland is a few days, but it’s a most excellent drive. Living on east coast, I have the boring flat beaches and no roads like PCH for the beautiful views.

Great write-up and pics of your trips, good to see another owner that cares not about the miles, it’s a car for fun and that means driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts