Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are these KOSHI or the ones listed above?
They look different.
These are Koshi purchased through Madness Autoworks. They had to special order the matte version and I had to wait about 2 months. They look very similar to the finish on the vents and gear selector, only the weave is just a tad finer. The ones in post #4 are likely also Koshi.

·
Administrator
19,024 Posts
The whole point of this thread was a cheap alternative to koshi or madness, the ac cover is a much simpler piece but only fifty quid.
Dude, it’s an enabling drug.
Making excuses is just denial.
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing that there is a problem.
You have a problem.
;) :) :D

·
Premium Member
1. LE #451 2. RA Coupe 3. ?
195 Posts
The whole point of this thread was a cheap alternative to koshi or madness, the ac cover is a much simpler piece but only fifty quid.
They came in today… they look stunning. They even customized the console plaque with my name. Will send pictures once installed. What I love most is that the 3M adhesive is already on there. Peel & stick goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They came in today… they look stunning. They even customized the console plaque with my name. Will send pictures once installed. What I love most is that the 3M adhesive is already on there. Peel & stick goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update, I’ve been patient waiting for this feedback before buying them myself, I’m going to ask them if they could make more parts, in the same price range .

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The piece is really thin, which helped being that it goes onto a slightly curved surface. I put it out in the sun for an hour, cleaned the hvac with Isopropyl Alcohol and Bob's your uncle! One thing I did do was remove the hvac cover from the car. It's very easy and allowed me to stick the new cf on the cover accurately. Because once the adhesive touches, it's stuck!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The piece is really thin, which helped being that it goes onto a slightly curved surface. I put it out in the sun for an hour, cleaned the hvac with Isopropyl Alcohol and Bob's your uncle! One thing I did do was remove the hvac cover from the car. It's very easy and allowed me to stick the new cf on the cover accurately. Because once the adhesive touches, it's stuck!
When I use glazing tape for glass installation I spray it with water or glass cleaner, it stops it grabbing straight away and allows some movement, then it dries out and sticks

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,844 Posts
When I use glazing tape for glass installation I spray it with water or glass cleaner, it stops it grabbing straight away and allows some movement, then it dries out and sticks
Same principle when installing PPF, or wrapping a car,...or installing decals. I use a bit of PhotoFlo or babyshampo in the water which works even better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts