Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post.

The 4C is on my (very) short list to replace my Abarth, but I have just one serious concern.

If you've ever sat in one, how's the rear-quarter outward visibility? It looks like you'd need to rely exclusively on mirrors for lane changing, parking lot maneuvers, etc.

Visibility is important to me, particularly in a sports car. I'm hoping that the reality of the 4C’s apparent blind spots might be better than how badly I imagine them to be.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've never sat in one, but rear parking sensors are an (imperative) option. Without those I doubt you'll have any parking success!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kaliber said:
I've never sat in one, but rear parking sensors are an (imperative) option. Without those I doubt you'll have any parking success!
Absolutely!

But I found with prior cars which had massive blind spots that the worst parking situations were when backing out of a space and not being able to see who was approaching from the sides. (The rear was always less of an issue.)

Odd that a bonafide sports car could require lane-changing sensors. Beauty has its price, I suppose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sat in one at Geneva. I think you have a very valid point; you sit remarkably low down and there is, if I remember rightly not much visibility beyond the 90 degrees.
Yet, it's the same in most cars; my recently sold VX, current Cayman etc. So, you rely on the mirrors....shouldn't be a real problem as not much will be overtaking you !!!
I'll report more diligently from Goodwood and when my red LE arrives (with rear parking sensors).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Mally. Don't forget to take video footage of the 4C in action for us poor souls who live too far away to visit Goodwood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts